Chapter two - Someone in the dark

I'm sitting in my room watching TV. Not the most exciting thing in the universe but I don't really have anything else to do. It's funny. It hasn't always been like this. Once I had a lot of friends. Or maybe not a lot but I didn't feel lonely. I had somebody to talk to. Somebody to hang out with. Somebody that I could call if I wanted to. Jennifer ruined all for me. She took my friends away from me. They all started bullying me. She threatened back then to make their life a living hell if they didn't stop being friends of me. It's a really long time ago. I wish I knew why Jennifer despite me. After a year they couldn't stand it anymore and believe it or not it ended with them needing to move. All of them. There I was. Standing alone. I tried to get some new friends but nobody wanted to be friends with Sophie, the freak.

After all that, I guess you can understand why I don't want people to come near me. New people. I'm afraid that they will leave me too or that Jennifer will ruin it too. Taking them away from me. Leaving me in a black hole. All the people at the school sees me as a freak now, thanks to Jennifer. I have thought about moving away and find another school. I have talked with my parents or tried. They wouldn't listen to me. They never do. Nobody does. Maybe I should try giving Niall a chance. What's the worst thing that could happen?

I turn the TV off and walks over to my window. I have this little corner over there where I can sit and just enjoy the view. There isn't much to see but I like it. It's like my little space where only i'm allowed to sit. A place where I can relax. My little cat, Robin jumps up and sits onto my lap. I smile a bit and pat her. "You would never leave me, would you?" She lays down and close her eyes. She must be tired. Now that I think about I am to and it's getting a dark. I move Robin, carefully without her waking up. I look out of the window and see a person standing down there. He's all dressed in black and I can't see his face. My heart starts to beat faster and I wonder how long he has been there. He keeps staring up at my window. I try my best not to scream. I move away from the window as fast as I can. I wait a few minutes and take a deep breath before looking out of the window again. Nothing. There is nothing. There isn't a person standing down there anymore. Maybe.. Maybe, i'm just being paranoid. It's been a long day. I think I should go to sleep.

I once again look out of the window just to make sure. I'll admit that i'm scared. "Sophie, there is nothing to be afraid of. You're just being paranoid." I need to calm down. Nobody can't hurt me. Not here. I walk into the bathroom and lock the door. I take my night clothes on and brush my teeth. I take a look in the mirror and sigh before unlocking the door. I walk into my room and walks over to my bed. I lay down and put my blanket over me. I lay curled up in a ball to scared to move. There I lay in the darkness staring into absolutely nothing. I assure that no one was outside but I can't get the feeling away.

My phone suddenly makes a sound. I take my phone and see that I have a message from an unknown number. "Who can that be..?" I mumble to myself. I open my phone to see the message. I look at the message unable to move. I wasn't paranoid. Somebody was outside my window looking up at me. I look at the message. I read the message over and over again. "Looking good, babe. Too bad that you changed in your bathroom. See you tomorrow." How many times has this person being watching me, without me knowing? What has he seen? Why is he doing this? How is he? 

All these questions running through my mind making me unable to sleep or even close my eyes. If I was scared before i'm frightened now. Who is this person and what does he mean by "see you tomorrow"? Is he a student from my school? Who do I know that is so messed up? I cannot take this. Right now, I really wish that I had a friend to talk to. Maybe I should call the police. That would be the right thing to do, right? I cannot just call them. They would just think that i'm insane. It could also just be a false alarm. Who knows if this is just one of my classmates messing with me. It could be anyone trying to scare me. It's probably a really lame joke. I'm not going to call the police if it turns out that it was just a joke and I'll end up humiliating myself. I'll just talk with my parents about it tomorrow. If they have time. It's in time like this I wish that I had some friends that I could write to because I have never been so afraid in my whole life. I can't go to sleep after this.