{M} Hot chocolate

Soonyoung's POV

I gripped my shoulder bag tightly and walked towards my favourite cafe 'Café Bwe' It was only a small café not popular, but well-known and that's just how I liked it. I walked in and saw That there were only 3 or 4 customers, some were regulars their faces I had memorized after being there on a daily basis, some I haven't seen before. I arrived a couple minutes earlier than I usually did as I took the bus to town.

I sat down in my favourite spot, by the window, called for a waiter and waited patiently for one to arrive. I heard someone walking towards my direction to serve me, once he or she was beside my table I faced them and saw that it was Eunjung-hyung, he smiled and asked "So Soonyoung what will it be today?" I chuckled as I heard the word 'today' being emphasized, "I'm hurt Eunjung-hyung, I've been here countless of times and you don't even remember what my usual order is?" We both had a good laugh and then he wrote down my order "So, a Latte and a donut".

I nodded and watched his retreating figure. I sighed and looked at the time '10:10 am' ten past ten was usually the time I arrived here.

Ding... Ding... Ding...

I looked up and saw a new face walk in the café, I hadn't seen him come here ever, not even once. I continued to observe him as he sat down; I saw Eunjung-hyung head towards the new guys table to take his order. I watched as the new guy smiled at Eunjung-hyung and I felt my breath hitch.

'How odd' I thought to myself, that smile just seemed simply adorable. I didn't take my eyes off of him for one second - that is until my order had arrived. I faced Eunjung-hyung and thanked him, he then replied "You're lucky you got the last donut, that fella' over there also ordered it" I thanked him again and he went off to serve another customer.

I began to munch on my donut when I felt a pair of eyes bore holes into me, I began scanning the room only to find that the new guy was watching me eat my precious donut; the last donut that he too ordered, but ordered too late. I stared into his eyes as I ate the donut. Soon it had past 1 minute and both of our eyes began to tear up, but neither of us gave in, it was a childish competition but we obviously beg to differ.

He blinked. I smirked in triumph, I was satisfied - it was as if I had earned the right to eat that donut. I looked at my drink and immediately gulped it down, I blinked a few times and looked at my watch '10:29' time to go to my part time job. I looked back to the new guy and found him looking right back at me. I nodded my head to signal that I'd be on my way and he smiled. I felt my heart race slightly, but I brushed it off and walked to the till to pay for my drink and donut.

As I walked out I watched the new guy as he began to drink his beverage of choice. I hoped that I would see him again.

And I did, every single day that I went to the café he was there. And every time our eyes made contact my stomach would turn. What was most peculiar was how it was always one of us to get the last donut - and when either one of us got it the person who didn't get the donut would start the staring competition.

So far the score for me was 9 wins and 7 losses.

Seokmin's POV

I walked into 'Café Bwe' and sat down in my regular spot, the place where I was able to initiate the staring competition between the stranger that was opposite me and who would always order a donut just as I did.

Today felt like any other ordinary day, however I was wrong. I checked the time as usual and as it always did it showed '10:10' I ordered my usual 'A Hot chocolate and donut' and I watched my waiter disappear. I looked over to the stranger opposite me and he was looking back at me, I smiled and he gave me a sheepish grin.