Sekai: Chapter 18

I slowly walked over to where he could see me. We were quiet for a bit, and then he stared at me. His eyes weren’t those of a demon but they were normal like none of this had ever happened.

“Are you back? Is it really you?” I said as tears formed in my eyes, blurring my vision.

“For now,” he whispered looking miserable.

“What do you mean?”

“He only gave me consciousness for a bit so that I could say goodbye.”

Wet tears rolled down my face and Demetry looked away so he couldn’t see me.

“I don’t want you to go. Just fight him Demetry! You can do it I know you can. Please!”

“It is the way it is Anne! I’m sorry it had to happen like this, I don’t want to leave you either! Do you think it’s easy for me to say this? If I had any other option I wouldn’t be here right now.”

“Maybe there is a way to free you. We can find it out just come with me and we can…”

“No! I don’t want you to get hurt. If we just say goodbye now it’ll be so much easier in the end,” I saw tears fall to the ground and Demetry started shaking.

I walked over to him and hugged him so tight my arms went numb. After a while I felt his arm’s lift up around my waist.

“I want you to kill me.”

I looked up at him in surprise, “Why?”

“In the final battle, I want to die by your hands. Only yours.”

He hugged me tighter, “I love you too much to kill you. You’ve always been there for me and never let me take any pain alone!” I was getting desperate and my tears wouldn’t stop flowing. My voice was trembling and I could feel his warm tear drops on my face. “I never want to have to do that!”

He pushed me away. “Just that one little thing, that’s all I ask. Goodbye Anne. I’ll miss you more then anything.”

I dropped to my knees. “Don’t go! Please I… I can’t,” I couldn’t stop sobbing, and I was doing it so much that I was in pain. I sat there for a while feeling dead; I heard a rustle, I didn’t bother to look I knew it was Madison.

“Anne, what’s the matter?” she asked as she ran over to me.

“What are you doing out of the hospital?”

“They let me out early, but that doesn’t matter. What happened here? Why are you so upset and where are the others?”

I lifted up my face; she took one look at me then pulled me to my feet.

“Let’s go so you can rest.”

We slowly walked through the forest; I wanted to tell her about what had happened but… I didn’t want to accept that it was the truth. “I… it was Demetry, he came to talk and…”

“It’s okay; you don’t need to tell me anything. If you need to, just cry.”

My face tensed and my tear’s began flowing harder. The sobbing was making it difficult to walk and I slowed to a stop. Madison and I sat down and leaned against a tree.

“That girl that attacked me… I couldn’t believe her power. She sang a song, it was more like a spell, and this awful sound came from her. I felt like I was going insane, my head hurt, I was in so much pain and started to get little cuts everywhere. Soon they turned into gashes, and I started to cough up blood. It was like she was killing me from the inside out.”

“… That sounds horrifying…” my breathing calmed down and my tears stopped. “Are you okay now?”

“Yeah, it looks like she didn’t use her full power on me so I’m okay.”

I felt little droplets of water hit my face as I looked up to the sky. “If only I could stay flying forever. I would never have any worries and I could finally be at piece.”

“That’s some dream, but I doubt it will ever come true. Pain is just one of the many burdens we humans have,” she took a deep breath. “It’s sad but true, we will never be truly at piece.”

I looked over at her face, she had a serene expression. “We should go home,” I said while getting up.”

“Yeah, I’m kind of hungry.”

I laughed and we walked the rest of the way home. The others were all surprised to see Madison so early and they were happy as well.

“Why didn’t you guy’s follow me?” I asked slightly pissed that they hadn’t.

“We figured you could handle it,” said Rhodes.

“We also didn’t feel like it,” laughed the twins in unison.

Lady Leigh and Master Ashland were at the table discussing training techniques while Madison made herself dinner. I looked around the house a bit; it was so warm and inviting. I loved living there with them, every day was a happy and eventful one and we rarely fought. Even if we win the battle I’ll probably never go back to my parents.

“So who was the one trying to get in?” asked Lakota with no harm intended.

“I don’t want to talk about it at the moment,” I whispered and ran upstairs. “Tsubasa where are you? It’s time to eat.”

“Mraw,” he said with an immense yawn. I patted his head and he followed me down to his food bowl. He contently ate, slow as usual. He wasn’t they type of cat to eat too much at a time.

“I’m going to bed,” I announced as I shut my door. I plopped onto my bed and drifted off to sleep.