sekai: chapter 24

• Dedicated to Krystal Lite

The world seemed to turn slow motion as I watched the spear come towards me. My face was hot and wet and my eyes were burning, but still i watched. Demetry showed no sign of stopping it. I felt strangely calm and happy. I think knowing that i was dying by his hand was the reason, after all i did love him.

I heard a noise and saw something flash in front of me. Life went back to normal speed as Rhodes tumbled to the ground and ran ito a rock. The spear that had been coming towards me was in his side. I ran to his side.

"RHODES!!!!" I screamed while shaking him. "WAKE UP!! PLEASE!!!" my breathing was so hard that my heart began to hurt. Lakota came rushing with lizzie still in her arms, and after her came Madison. We all sat around Rhodes as his breathing grew heavy, his body reverted back to his human state.

"It seems that the spear his his lung..." said madison in despair.

"Rhodes can you hear me?" I asked as my tears fell on his face.

"You... guys.. are so.. stupid..." he smirked weakly.

"This is no time to be a smart ass!" scolded Lakota as her eyes watered. Madison sat sobbing, as i held onto Rhodes' hand.

"Will you tell master Ash.... no, dad that i love him?"

"Tell him yourdelf you idiot!" I yelled. he laughed. "Don't be that way, you're not dead yet." His grip on my hand tightened, and he looked at me seriously.

" Please... Anne?" I stopped and nodded. His breathing became heavier and his grip tightened even more, after a few seconds he let go and the breathing stopped.

"Rhodes...?"

He lye dead. All i caould do was watch, and all i can remember is the rage and hatred that I felt towards Demetry. He had fallen to his knees. Something seemed to snap inside me and suddenly he was up against the cliff and my hands were around his neck.I was squeezing as hard as i could, my knuckles were white and his legs were kicking in every direction. A huge roaring tornado formed behind me and it began to rain and thunder.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed as i grabbed a shar rock next to me. I hit him in the shoulder where the tattoo was. I carved at it ripping every trace of it off of his boy. He let out screams of agony and a red light came from the wound. The figure of a demon came through it and vanished. Demetry went limp and i let his fall to the ground. Then everything went black.

I woke up in my room covered in bandages, the house was silent. I searched every room, they were all empty. I went into the courtyard. Everyone was the all covered in bandages with the exception of Lady Lee and Master ashland. There was a black cascet next to them. I looked into it and saw Rhodes' pale face. Tears automatically came flowing out, and i began sobbing, falling to my knees.

"He was a good boy..." said master Ashland confortingly.

"You don't have to act like you're not unset you know..." I said as i stared up at him. His eyes widened and he began to tremble. Tears came flowing from his eyes. I couldnt watch, so i looked away.

Later that day we buried Rhodes and said our final good byes. Everyone was crying, even though we knew he would want us to laugh.

Three months had passed and we were all back in school. Demetry hadn't talked to me since that day, but i was finally ready to speak with him. I walked up to his front porch and rang the doorbell. The door opened and I saw his familiar green eyes, behind him were boxes of all his things.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"We're moving." He said. "Anne about rhodes..."

"I know. You're sorry right? Well I don't forgive you, and I never will. Even if it wasn't you."  stared at his shoulder, and ugly scar had developed. I reached out to touch it, he flinched. My hand dropped. "And i don't want you to forgive me either."

"Anne..."

I hugged him. "Goodbye Demetry. I love you....." I let him go and ran off with tears welled in my eyes. This was the last time i ever saw him.

Nowadays we all have jobs. Madison became a Marine Biologist, Lizzy a doctor, and Lakota a firfighter. We all still live in Lady Lee's house, but Master Ashland moved away not long after Rhodes was buried. It has been five years since that battle, and we haven't had to use our powers much since. Im not doing much lately, but i finally got my story published. A story about four Teenagers who were destined to save the world against demons, and a boy who gave his life for a friend.