Sekai: chapter 14

It took us a while but we finally got back to the house. I was so exhausted by the time we got home that I couldn’t stand up any longer. As soon as we got in the door I collapsed onto the ground. I didn’t go to sleep though; I was still in too much pain for that.

“Get up Anne!” hollered Madison after a few minutes of lying there.

“I can’t,” I mumbled. “Too tired…”

Lakota and Madison came over to grab my arms. Hey then dragged me over to the couch and sat me up on it. Master Ashland sat in the chair across from me.

“Well I’m sure most of you have heard of me, but I’m Kato Ashland, you may call me Kato. I’ve descended from a long line of priests, my great great grandfather was the guardian of earth and protected our estate, but he never met the other guardians. We’re not even sure if they were alive then. This is the first time in decades when all of the guardians were born in the same year and have come together like you have. With all of you together it is certain that the battle will happen soon. It’s your job to protect the citizens of this town. They are all depending on you.”

“Excuse me for asking this, but how old are you?” asked Madison intriguingly.

“Thirty-six.”

“What?” exclaimed Lakota. “But you look so young.”

“Yes well my family line doesn’t age very fast.”

I looked at him then Rhodes; they looked so much alike it was insane. Except for the blue eyes, they were identical. He would have been twenty when Rhodes was born, so it’s possible that he could be… “Umm so how are you related to Rhodes?” I asked softly because I was still too weak to speak very loud.

He gave me a look of silence, like he didn’t want to talk about it. “We can talk about that later. I’m sorry to impose but do you think I could stay here for a few days? You see those demons destroyed my house.”

“They did what?” asked Rhodes with a daunting look on his face.

“I’m very sorry Rhodes I’ll get us a new one.”

“He must stay here until the battle is over.” I turned around to see that Lady Leigh was the one talking.

“You’re back, welcome home,” Said Madison as she got up to greet her. “This is Lady Leigh our mentor she’s the one who owns the house.

“I would like it if you’d stay and help me train them Mr. Ashland,” said Lady Leigh with a smile on her face. “We have a room you may use upstairs.”

Master Ashland trudged up the stairs still uncomfortable with the request. “Yes well thank you very much Madame.”

Lady Leigh looked content with herself.

“Ummm, I’m really sorry about earlier. I guess I was just tired,” Lakota apologized softly.

“It’s alright, I have been hard on you children lately and you deserve a break. But with all that’s happened it’s hard to take time off of your duties.”

We all nodded in agreement. Madison came over to bandage my arm as soon as she was done cleaning Rhodes’ forehead.

“You guys are going to need stitches, we should go to the doctor tomorrow,” said Lakota while staring at our wounds.