thirteen.

[rachel]

Finn drives for what feels like seconds to me, but he actually spent half an hour driving. When he stops the car, he looks at me and smiles. We leave the car and I realize the view in front of us. A beautiful skyline of New York greets us, with the reflection of every building and light in the water. The moon looks amazing too. Everything tonight is amazing.

Finn coughs and that makes me turn around to look at him.

"You could have told me, I would have came with more comfortable clothes" I say sitting down next to him, in the blanket he just put.

"Well, I think you look flawless" He compliments me. I smile at the ground.

"Thank you, I guess" I mutter. I feel him stare at me, then look away.

"Are you excited for the wedding?" He asks breaking the annoying silence we were in.

"Yeah, to be honest, I am" I say "Okay, maybe I still hate Sam, you know, but... I don't know, I feel better than I've felt in my whole life right now"

"And why is that?" He asks curiously.

"That I have money for Starbucks again, duh" I joke about getting paid "Actually, is because you appeared in my life" I admit looking down. He looks at me smiling "You are like a medicine that makes me forget about Sam"

"But why do you still hurting because of that asshole?" He asks raising his eyebrows. I look at him "Look, tonight I don't want to hear about him because, we are here celebrating that my case is now closed thanks to you"

"Oh, come on, I just gave you a little help, that's not much" I mumble.

"Well, your little help made the killer confess" He tells me "I've decided that if I have more doubts about a case, I'm going to come to you" He assures smiling.

"I'm flattered" I joke "I've never been good with anything, you know? I've been afraid of doing things wrong since I acted in a play once and ruined the play" I explain.

"Come on, I'm sure it wasn't that bad" He replies.

"I promise you it was the worst experience ever. We did Wicked, which is actually one of my favorite musicals, and I was playing Elphaba but I accidentally made the girl playing Glinda fall from stage, she literally broke a leg" I say laughing a bit in that part "And one of the dancers went to get her but tripped with my foot and made the others fall too. It was a disaster"

"But those things were an accident, it only happened once" He replies.

"Because I didn't want to try anything else" I state laughing.

"So, you didn't go to university?" I shake my head.

"I should have... But I didn't think I was actually good at anything. Or even good enough" I murmur. He takes out the food and it's our favorite McDonald's order. I take mine and close my eyes with a smile "Oh my god... I love you" I say looking at the burger. Finn laughs but soon his laugh fades.

"Rachel, I want you to promise me something" He says leaving his burger on the blanket after he swallows the food.

"Okay" I respond nodding.

"You won't underestimate yourself as long as you're in my life, because you're worth it. You're amazing and you're way better than you think" He tells me "So, I want you to promise me that if you ever have any problem, you'll come to me because I will tell you the truth, and the truth is that you're the best person I've ever met" He stares at me, and I nod.

"I promise I will go to you" I promise with a smile. We continue talking after these words. We joke about the same things we talk about everyday, we talk about our day and our pasts, because we love to learn about each other.

However, I can't get out of my head the words he said. It's the first time in my life someone truly tells me something beautiful, something deep. Something that actually helps. Or maybe it helps because these words are coming from him, I don't know. All I know, is that him being on my life is one of the best things that ever happened to me.

-----------

Short chapter, I know babies but next one is going to be a HUGE one talking about importance.

I haven't been posting recently because I'm working on a Star Wars fanfic but I can take a break for a while since I only posted 5 chapters and I've written 13 so yeah, I'm good in that aspect.

I hope you enjoyed it 💜
- Laura