Part 1

Me...Ilove basketball but basketball doesn't love me back so I end up hating it...choslang... Have you ever thought of a basketball love story?. It's not a brotherlyromance, if that's what you think. Well it's actually my story in which I fellin love with my baby dearest because of that basketball. It's not like thosefairytales with princes and princesses but I could say it is a fairytale of myown. This is how it all started

When I was young, seven years of age to be precise, my mom and I went to a toy store. We're about to find a perfect give for my cousin's birthday. She is Avanthika. Her name was gotten from an Indian actress whom her mom's idol when she was a young lady. It's her seventh birthday so there is a big party and mom said big parties aim for a big gift. Well that what she believe.

We're inside the store when I turned to an aisle which is full of balls, basketball balls in particular. Balls of different sizes and colors. One ball got my attention. It is red, round and just enough size to fit on my hand. I tried to squeeze the ball but it is too hard to shrink. I tried to dribble the ball just like the players I've seen on some TV programs. Unfortunately, my hands are too small and too thin to exert much effort to make it bounce longer. But still I want that ball so I called up mom. Mom immediately attends to me.

"Mom, I want this one" I motioned the ball to her. Mom with knotted forehead snatched the ball from me.

"Honey, no. This toy is not for girls. These ones are for boys only again boys only honey"

"But mom... I really want that ball" okay this time I'm about to tantrum.

"Honey, are you a boy?" mom looked at me sternly.

"No...But why? Why only boys could have that?" tantrum mode.

"Because boys have balls while you, a girl haven't" there mom left me hanging.

"Honey, Barbie's here and your dearest Ariel" mom called out. I attend to her. I'm not interested with Barbie and those princesses anymore. I want that ball."C'mon, you'll going to love this. Look, andito pa si Ken oh"

"Mom how could I able to have balls?" mom turned to with an 'Are-you-serious' face.

"Honey, someday kapag malaki ka na. And for sure maganda iyon. Firm and sexy and boys would love that." mom again left me hanging. For a moment, I heard a sound of a bouncing ball on the next aisle where I have been. I went to take a look. I saw a young man, maybe on his late teens or early twenties. His dribbling the ball I was holding a while ago. And he looks so pro in doing so. Then he dribbles the ball and pass in between his legs and it was swift. The young man noticed me.

"Yes little miss, may hinahanap po kayo?" he smiled at me and return the ball on the basket.

"Opo, where could I find balls?"

"'Eto po" he motioned the balls on the basket.

"No not that one. The ones that boys have" he just stared at me with a knotted forehead as if analyzing what I have said. Maybe it's about 10 seconds before he was able to connect with me again. He smiled again and then chuckled." Out of stuck na po" I called mom.

"Mom out of stock na daw yung balls nila"

"Huh?"mom answered.

"I asked kuya where I could find the balls you were referring and he said it was out of stock. Grrr... I would never have a ball of myself"