New York, New York

I've never flown on a plane before, but I loved sitting in first class. My grandmother didn't say much other than, she never married my father's dad and was a single mother. She also explained how my dad went into the navy met a woman in Australia , and she gets a post card every now and then. "So, tell me about yourself". "Well I'm fifteen, my favorite color is Tiffany blue and I love to read". " Well then I guess we have something in common, I love to read too. We have a great library in my home, well your home now as well." She was right, New York would now be my home too, I'm not sure if I'm even ready for this. For the past three days, Katherine and I packed up my room and had everything important to me shipped to my new bedroom. Then we went through my mothers things and donated most to the local church. I kept her favorite jewelry and her perfume that she always wore. All the other furniture would be sold with the house and Katherine said whatever it sells for the money would go to me for college, with the rest of my inheritance.
On the plane ride to New York, I figured out that Katherine was rich and I mean rich! We arrived at the airport and a guy walked up to us and asked Katherine if she had a great flight. " It was good, thank you Jones. This is my granddaughter Audrey, Audrey this is Jones, my body gaurd, chauffeur, and one of my dearest friends". "Hello Jones, it's nice to meet you."Nice to meet you Miss Audrey." He had a nice smile but also had a look like you wouldn't want to meet him in a back alley. We climbed in the car and merged with traffic and let me tell you, city traffic is no joke. Finally after thirty minutes we finally arrived at the most beautiful home I've ever seen. " Welcome home Audrey." I couldn't believe my eyes, I was going to live here. My mom and I never had a lot of money but we were happy. She would always surprise me with a little token from a far away country and made sure I had the newest books, but this was on a whole new scale, I'm pretty sure I could buy a Barnes and Nobles now!
We walked into the home, and it was just as beautiful in the inside as it was on the outside. I went into a nice living room that had a huge TV and every movie you could ever imagine. "I had Jones pick up all the latest technology and movies for you, I don't usually watch Tv but I figured you might." " Thank you umm, what should I call you?" " Well let's start with Katherine and revisit the subject once we get to know each other a little more." "I could do that, thank you Katherine." "Great, now let me show you your room." Katherine led me up a flight of stairs and took me right, she opened the door to a huge bedroom. "This is my room." "Yes, it is. I hope you like it. I had Claudia my interior designer come in and make it the room of a teen girls dream." "Wow" was all I could say. This bedroom was amazing. It had a king size bed with big fluffy pillows, a desk with a Mac book Pro, and a TV that took up most of the wall above my fireplace. I went into the closet and realized my old room could fit in here. I had my own private bath room with a jacuzzi tub, double sinks and a vanity to get ready in the morning. "It's amazing, thank you." " You are welcome, dear. I'll let you unpack your boxes that are in the closet, tomorrow we will shopping for clothes." "Okay" I loved shopping, so going in New York was a dream come true.
I started to unpack, first I hung up all my clothes which took about an inch of the massive closet. I put all my pictures of my mom and I up and placed her jewelry and perfume on my dresser. When it was down to three boxes I knew these were my books, I had two humongous built in bookshelves on either side of my bed. I arranged my books in alphabetical order, like I did at home. When I was done, I checked the clock, 7 pm. I've been working for 5 hours. I decided to take a shower and get into my favorite pajamas. I went downstairs to the kitchen to find some comfort food, "looking for something?" "Cheese and rice! Katherine you scared the crap out of me." "Well I'm sorry I frightened you." I could see her trying to hold back laughter, key word trying. " I was just looking for some comfort food, you know,like chips or ice cream." "Well I don't have any of that here but if you write it on the list I'll make sure, Whitney sees it. I believe we do have some grapes though" "umm, thank you. Grapes it is!" We said goodnight and I headed back upstairs, I climbed into bed and decided even though it was only 9, I was exhausted. Switching off my bedside lamp I got comfortable in my huge bed and that's when I let the tears fall. " I miss you mom" That was the first night I cried my self to sleep.