Chapter 9

Lauren smiled when Camila's door flew open, revealing a grinning Isabella. "You're missing scooby doo!" The young girl huffed, grabbing Lauren's hand and pulling her into the house.

"Where's your mom?" Lauren asked as she sat down on the sofa next to Isabella.

"Upstairs with Nathan. Aunt Sofia is at work."

"Ah, well I'm going to go upstairs and see your mom and then I will come down to watch the next episode of scooby doo with you, alright?"

Isabella nodded, not taking her eyes away from the screen.

Lauren got up, lightly ruffling Isabella's hair before heading upstairs and into Camila's room.

"Hey." Lauren whispered making Camila look up from the sleeping baby in her arms and smile when she noticed Lauren leaning against the door frame. "Isn't it a little early for Sofia to be going back to work? She gave birth, like, a month ago."

"Mom cut her off." Camila shrugged, "And it's not cheap raising one of these."

"Does your mom know she's here?"

"She called yesterday, she wasn't as mad as I thought she would have been. I think she just needs a little time to get her head around it."

"If she got her head around you having a kid she will be able to get her head around Sofia having one, won't she?" Lauren asked as she walked over and sat on the bed beside Camila.

"I hope so." Camila agreed, nodded over to her beside table. "Top drawer."

"What about it?" 

"Look in it. On top of my book." Lauren reached over, pulling open the drawer and looking in.

"It's just a key."

"Mm. It's the front door key, I went to get one cut for Sofia yesterday and I thought I would get you one, too. That way you aren't waiting at the door for us to answer and you can come over after work without worrying about waking the whole house up."

"You're giving me a key to the house?"

"Yeah, it's not to early or anything is it?" Camila asked, the uncertainty clear in her voice.

"No. No, of course not, I'm just surprised." Lauren smiled, turning the key in her hand before leaning over and kissing Camila. "Thank you."

"It's fine."

"I've been thinking, I'm off tonight so how about you and Sofia go out and catch up on the five years you guys have missed and I'll look after Isabella and Nathan."

"You don't have to do that."

"I want to, besides, I've already promised Isabella we will watch dumbo tonight."

"Are you sure?" Camila asked as she stood up and set Nathan down in the crib.

"Of course."

"Well, thank you." Camila smiled, walking back over to Lauren, taking ahold of her hands before pushing her back onto the bed and hovering over her. "How has your day been?"

"Fine. I went Christmas shopping with Harry."

"How long is it until Christmas?" Camila asked, ducking her head and began pressing kisses down Lauren's jaw.

"Uh, some amount of day. Over a month anyway." Lauren muttered distractedly, turning her head to kiss Camila on the lips.

"Lauren, you are missin' scooby!" Isabella called making Lauren smile as Camila pulled back.