Chapter 2

Lauren wasn't much of a drinker but the rest of her friends were so she was sitting out back, praying that Camila would show up soon so she had an excuse to go inside and not be stuck with these drunken idiots.

"She pouting because she got stood up." Harry said, pointing over at Lauren who glared at him.

"I haven't been stood up. It wasn't a date."

"Who was it?" Liam asked, taking another drink of his beer.

"The neighbor." Harry grinned, pointing over at Normani. "The one that dances with her."

Lauren was about to replied when she heard a knock at the front door. Lauren quickly jumped to her feet, ignoring all the snide comments from her friends and went to answer the door.

Lauren opened the door to Camila and a grinning Isabella.

"Hey," Lauren smiled.

"Hi,"

"Look Lauren, I have a coloring book and crayons."

"Wow, can I play with them, too?"

"We can color together."

"Is that little Bella I hear?" Dinah called and Isabella's eyes lit up

"D-mac!" the toddler called rushing past Lauren and into the house.

"Isabella! Sorry about her." Camila apologized and Lauren shook her head.

"Don't worry, come on in." Lauren moved, allowing Camila to enter he house before closing the door.

"'Mila, I didn't know you where coming over." Niall said, smiling at Camila.

"Lauren invited me." Camila said taking a seat on the sofa next to Lauren.

Niall nodded, "Nice to see Lauren's making friends."

"You wanna color, Lauren?"

"Sure sweetie." Isabella scooted over until she was side by side with Lauren, the coloring book rested on hers and Lauren's lap.

"So, Camila I haven't seen you in a while, what have you been up to?" Niall asked, sitting on the arm of the sofa.

"I've been busy with school."

"Ah, and how did you end up talking to Lauren?"

"'Bella started talking to her first, actually."

"So you didn't make a move, then?"

"Niall, lay off." Lauren growled making Niall hold his hands up in defense.

"Just making conversation."

"Still. Back off a little and stop trying to scare her.

"I'm not." Niall gasped dramatically.

Lauren scoffed, looking up from the coloring book, "Please, you did the exact same thing to me in high school."

"And when did it stop working?"

"As soon as I realized you were just a harmless puppy." Lauren grinned.

"I come bearing alcohol." Harry said, walking out of the kitchen.

"Curls." Isabella cheered, pointing up at Harry.

"Captain," Harry grinned, pointing over at Isabella before smiling at Camila. "Camila."

"Hi,"

"Niall, get your butt out here and back me up!" Zayn called from outside making Niall hop off his seat and walking outside.