Chapter 6

"Mommy! Sparrow got out!" Isabella called, running into the room with the kitten in her hands and Lauren's jumper hanging off of her, effectively waking her mom and Lauren up.

Isabella stopped short when she noticed Lauren sit up on her elbows, smiling up at the woman. "Hey, mini Cabello. How about we go down and get you some breakfast and give your mom the extra hour to sleep before she has to head out?"

"Yeah, come on and we will feed Captain."

"Poor cat is never gonna know which name is his real one." Camila muttered from under her arm and Lauren chuckled as she got out of bed and following Isabella downstairs.

"Ok, we will feed sparrow when we go over to my house when mommy leaves but for now, little one," Lauren lifted Isabella up onto the kitchen counter. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Pancakes."

"Pancakes it is, princess." Lauren smiled, going to find the pancake mix.

"Is mommy ok?" Isabella asked, gripping onto the edge of the counter as she swung her legs. "I think she's sad and I think it's my fault."

"No, sweetheart, it's definitely not your fault." Lauren assured, placing the pancake mix on the counter before hopping up next to her. "You know what's going on, don't you?"

Isabella nodded, "I'm sick."

"I wouldn't say sick. You have something called diabetes and it's not a bad thing as long as you remember to take your medication and eat properly you'll be good." Lauren explained, "Your mom is just a little scared..."

"Mommy can't be scared. Mommies don't get scared."

"No, you're right. Your mom isn't scared she.... Worried. Worried that she might not be able to look after you but we both know she can, don't we?"

"Yeah, mommy always looks after me."

"Exactly." Lauren smiled, wrapping one arm around Isabella's shoulder and pulling her into a side hug. "You just have to be patient, kid. And don't worry about your mom, I'll be there to look after her when she's done looking after you."

Isabella nodded, smiling at Lauren as she hopped down from the counter.

"Ok, pancakes."

Lauren finished making the pancakes and took them into the living room for Isabella to eat on the sofa as she watched TV before heading back into the kitchen to grab some coffee, chuckling when Isabella tried to sneak the kitten some pancakes.

It was about half an hour before Camila came padding downstairs with messy hair and drowsy eyes making Lauren smile as she handed Camila a cup of coffee.

"Thanks." Camila mumbled but set her cup back on the counter and walked over to Lauren, grabbing onto her shirt as she leant against her and rested her head against her shoulder.

"She's ok." Lauren said, wrapping her arms around Camila. "She's more worried about you than anything else."

"Me? Why?"

"She asked me if you were ok and that she thought you were sad and that it was her fault. I made sure she knew it wasn't her fault."

"She thinks it's her fault." Camila muttered, looking over her shoulder at her daughter who was sitting on the sofa watching TV, the kitten lying comfortably on her lap.

"She knows you're going to look after her, if she believe that why can't you?"

"I do. I know I can do it, I have too."

Lauren smiled, pressing a kiss to Camila's temple.

"I have to go get changed."

"Ok, I'll get Isabella to get changed then we will head over to mine to feed the cat."