Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I woke to the sound of cheerful humming from the bathroom. For a good ten minutes I just lay in bed with my eyes closed. I savoured the fact that I could sleep in on this Saturday morning. I was so engrossed in my peaceful bliss I didn't notice the humming cease and the shower being turned off. I sensed movement on the other side of the bed. I could feel the heat emanating from his body as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me on top of him.

"Argh No Tristan! What the hell!" I cried.

"I knew you were awake." He chuckled happily and smiled up at me as if he had just won the lotto. He made me feel so treasured and beautiful.

"You're wet!"

"So?"

"You're making the bed wet and you're making ME wet!" I complained.

"I'll change the sheets." He replied playfully.

"And what about me?"

"I know you're going to take a shower soon and you're going to get wet there anyways. So I figured. What the heck?" He paused to give me a quick kiss and then continued: "Consider this your pre-shower shower." And then shook his head like a wet puppy causing water droplets from his hair to spray onto my face.

"You're such a child!" I yelled through my laughter and jumped away from him before he could continue to assault me.

"It's not that bad Katie." He taunted. "Just come here and give me a kiss." I was having none of that so I ran around the bed and out of our room and into the dining room. (I panicked and it was the closest room okay?)

He caught up with me easily and blocked the doorway so that there was no way out.

"Come on Tristan. You're a grown man and I'm a grown woman." I pleaded.

"Well woman, we are going to have to strike a deal. You get to go free..."

"And?" I had no clue where he was going with this. He paused for a couple of minutes and looked deep in thought until he finally said.

"And I genuinely can't think of anything I need. I have everything I could ever need because I have you."

"What did I do to deserve you?" I said softly as he hugged me. We kissed sweetly.

"Now go before I find something for you to do for me. I'll make breakfast." He said jokingly and I made my way our room pulling him with me and dropping his towel on the ground.

I pulled him close and whispered to him to come with me.

"You know what, I think breakfast can wait." He said suggestively.

"Me too" and our lips locked fiercely as he threw me onto the bed

********

After taking my shower I pulled on a pair of comfy jean shorts and a black tank top considering I wasn't planning on leaving the house. I made my way to the kitchen where Tristan was. He handed me a cup of green tea and pushed forward the food which I happily dug into. I was really hungry from not having eaten all day yesterday and the activities of this morning. I took a break from inhaling my food to drink my tea when I noticed Tristan staring at me intently.

"Kate. When am I meeting your parents?"

I choked a little on my tea. I knew this day was coming and I still wasn't sure what I should or shouldn't say. We had been in a relationship for almost two years and he's only asked about my past twice, including today.

"Trist, we don't speak anymore. You know that. You don't need to..."

"They're your parents or crying out loud! We're engaged Kate. I can't just marry their daughter without them there." He shouted angrily. I could tell that this had been eating at him for a long while. He was such a kind soul most of the time.