Chapter Five

I shot up from my bed. Sitting up I noticed I was panting and sweating. I looked at my bed. All the pillows were all over the floor. My blanket wasn't tucked under the mattress anymore. It was twisted around my one leg, leaving my other leg out. I stared at my bare legs. What had just happened? Did I have a nightmare or something?

I was thinking over and over about what kind of dream I must have had, since that would be the only explanation. Nothing, I didn't remember anything. I used to have this happen to me when Logan first left, but it had died out when I got used to being without him.

I sighed loudly. Maybe I should except the fact that I would never see him again. But every time I do, a small feeling in the deepest part of my heart said I would. And where are we now? Six year years into the future and that feeling hasn't come true. At least not yet.

"Stop it Ares! You will never see him again," a voice echoed in my head.

And it was stating a true fact.

I rubbed my eyes and glance towards the clock. It was 7:09 a.m. I slapped my hands onto my face and groaned, falling back onto my bed. Why is life so hard?

================================================================================ 

I walked down the red carpeted steps towards the first floor of the castle. Digging my hands inwards in my white sweater, I shivered. The morning air smelt of a jasmine scent from the white flowers planted on rich soil out in the gardens. Outside still held no sun, but the horizon towards the east shown a beautiful purple color signaling us that the sun would be out today.

I breathed in the magical scents of the morning, only to let them out once more. My loose bun swung up and down as I met the last step. The large window right on the wall beside the entrance to the house was still curtained with the royal deep red color. I pulled on the gold colored rods beside the curtain and opened in letting the beauty of the outdoors show through the window pane.

I walked down the long halls and went through rooms for short cuts. I passed my favorite place in the whole castle, not including the gardens, and battle range, the library. I wanted to enter it to see if Miss Pope, the librarian, was awake already, but my empty tummy said to walk to the kitchen. I moved on down the halls again. It seemed like I was the only one awake. Not even Gwen or Lilly were awake.

Lilly and Gwen were daughters of the Knights of the Golden Table, other wise known as the my father's most trust worthy knights. All the knights have their homes here at the castle. So do maids, cooks, gardeners, and mostly all the people who step on our castle grounds. Some come here to work but go home to their own place.

I walked down to the dining room and found my father sitting at the head of the table.

I smiled and said," Good morning father,"

"Good morning Ares, has your brother Daniel awoken as well?" he asked as I crossed the room the to kitchen door.

"Not that I know of, I thought I was only one awake," I said as I entered grabbing a prepared plate with eggs, and bacon. I grabbed a cup of water and headed out again and sat beside my father, to his left. Queen's were always suppose to sit at a King's right.

"Well then," he said pulling the papers he was working together," how was your night. darling?"

"Same as always," I lied.

"Oh well that's very good," he said putting a piece of bacon in his mouth. We sat in a weird silence, but I didn't mind. My dad and I were close and this happened all the time.

I took my time chewing my food slowly. Father seemed like he was hungry munching every last thing that was on his plate down his throat. I was worried He was going to end up eating his plate and eating utensils by the end of breakfast.

He got up slowly.

"Oh Ares," he said as he came out of the kitchen," we'll be expecting some visitors today, so don't be surprised to see strangers or........ people...." he had a smirk on his face.

"Dad what'd you do?" I said getting up and walked towards the kitchen door. I looked back at him.

"Oh nothing," he said smiling.

"I don't like the sound of that," I said faking a worried voice.

"Oh but you will," he said exiting the dining room.

I dropped the dishes and began thinking of what was going to happen.

************************************************************************************************************** 

What will happen? Thank you guys for reading the story^_^ Only if you could Vote, Comment, or Become a fan. Still waiting for some of that! Anyways I hoped you guys like it!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo 

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Jeane ^_^( peace out!)Save