Chapter One

I woke up to the sound of a heart monitor. "Where's everyone..." I whispered to myself. I just turned eighteen. My dad is dead. My mom... She isn't exactly my most favorite person in the world. She left my dad after I was born.

     I look around. Niall's gone. He was always there for me. None of his best friends were around either. They weren't on tour. Nothing was going on. What is going on? 

     Everything was coming back to me. I checked my arm, which was still bleeding. Niall was kidnapped. I was attacked by some weird leafy girls... One of which was holding a knife. Her (what I am guessing) sisters took my boyfriend and his friends. Okay, that's cool. But why were they covered in leaves? And why did they want Niall...?

     Complicated life. 

     The doctor walked in, changed my bandages, put a bit of medicine in my IV, and walked out. Nice. 

     I tried to sleep again, considering the medicine made me tired. I fell asleep, and another one of those 'dreams' happened. 

     This woman usually appeared to me in my sleep, and I never could figure out why. I just thought it would be my ADHD. Her hair was dark blonde, like mine. Her eyes were a different color though. They were tinted... Gold? She glowed, too. Her dress looked like those you would find at a museum, when you were looking at those Greek statues. 

     "Welcome once more, Hylia." She greeted warmly. Her eyes were glowing now, too.

     "Who exactly are you?" I stood with my arms folded.

     "Wow. You've grown to become a lot like me. That's not odd, of course." 

     "Wha-" I shut myself up. Her. My mother?!

     "Ah, now you know." Her tone was cheerful and amazed. "It took you quite a while, unlike your siblings."

     "I don't have any brothers or sisters."

     "Yes you do. You just don't know any of them. You'll know soon enough." She vanished, and I woke up.

     My best friend, Zeva, was standing over me, her dark brunette hair framing her face, her hazel eyes gazing at me with worry. "Are you okay? I heard you were jumped."

     "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." I slowly sat up. "How long have you been here?"

     "About an hour. I found you sleeping here, so I didn't try to wake you." Her voice was firm.

     Zeva was just like me. She had ADHD and dyslexia. We had met in the 6th grade, and been best friends ever since. We had just graduated. 

     "Anyway, the doctor says you can be discharged. You're not as hurt as he thought you were." She smiled sweetly, and I smiled back. 

     "Ask a nurse to unhook me and such, and we'll get going. We need to know what to do."

     "Well, I think I have an idea of what we CAN do..."

     "What do you mean? We live in the middle of London. It's too big to find someone who's been kidnapped." I thought  for a second. "I just said it was too hard to find famous people, didn't I?"

     She nodded. "I know where we can go." She walked out of the room. 

     I sighed. What is she talking about?