Chapter Four

I crashed down onto one of the empty bunks. "How many Athena children are there in this camp?"

     Zeva stood quietly for a moment. "Fourteen. Including you? Fifteen."

     "I can deal with that."

     "You'll have fourteen more siblings than you used to."

     "Yay..." I was a single child. I think we both knew how it would end. "Do I have any special powers, like you?"

     "Well, usually, you can fix a situation in the blink of an eye. I've witnessed that. And, coolest thing ever, by the way, if you concentrate, you can get a bird's-eye-view of your surroundings."

     "Cool." I jumped off the bed. At the foot of each bunk, there was a small footlocker. I jumbled through my pockets, pulling out a couple dollars, and something else. It felt strange at first, but then the flashback happened.

-Flashback-

     "Hylia? Where are you hiding?" My dad crawled around the corner, and I squealed with delight, running away from him.

     Athena was just in the kitchen. "James, leave Hylia alone."

     "Aw, come on babe. She's loving this!"

     "A few more minutes, okay?"

     He rolled his eyes. "Yes, ma'am." He chased me around for a bit, then scooped me up.

     Athena walked over, and her eyes glowed once more with golden light, just like in my dreams.

     She began singing a lullaby, but I couldn't make out the words. Maybe she didn't want me to. She walked over to the fireplace, sitting in the old rocking chair she made. Her long, silky dress was very comfortable, but I couldn't shake conciousness. She slipped her hand into a small knapsack she had, and pulled out the wooden owl from the necklace I had on. 

     "Keep this with you. When the time comes, it will either save you, or determine your death. And if you ever need me, pray. I will answer."

-Flashback Ends-

     I fell over, and Zeva was instantly at my side. 

     "Are you okay?"

     I slowly wrapped my fingers tightly around the owl. "I think..."

     Zeva helped me onto the bed. She closed the footlocker. "What was that about?"

     "Mom."

     "Ah. That makes sense. I saw the owl."

     "Yeah..."

     "Anyway, don't try to hurt yourself more. We need you ready for tomorrow."

     "Tomorrow?"

     "We're heading out for the boys."

     "Tomorrow?! just started training!"

     "You were chosen to help complete the prophecy. You are ready."

     I sighed heavily, and rolled further onto the bunk. Zeva left, and I fell asleep.

***

     A trumpet went off, from the middle of the garrison. I fell off of the bunk, and on of the more senor warriors helped me up. 

     "You okay, sweetheart?"

     "Yeah, I think so."

     "Good." Her blonde hair, like mine, was up in a messy bun. Her eyes were gray, like mom's were, naturally.

     "We're sisters?"

     "Yes. Well, half-sisters."

     "I don't believe you. You look more like mom than I do."

     "Well believe it sweetheart." She held out a hand. "I'm Quinn."

     "Hylia."

     "I know who you are." She smiled sweetly at me, then walked out of the cabin.

     I looked down at my clothes, then around the cabin. The inside looked like a library, with armor at one wall, and all the books you could imagine at the other. I went to the back, where the armor was, but a guy, black hair, blue eyes, stopped me. 

     "This is all taken. Armory has some for you, just go get it."

     I nodded. "Who are you? Just wondering..."

     He chuckled. "I'm Blake. I'm 20." He took a chest piece and some arm and leg guards.

     I walked out after him, and ran down to the forge. 

     At the forge, there was a dark-haired boy with light-colored eyes. I smiled at him. "Got any leather armor?"

     He pointed to some shelves nearby, then went back to work. I scanned the shelves. I grabbed a set, then looked at the weapon racks. I prefered bow over sword, but I grabbed both, just in case.

     When I was younger, we had dummies in the backyard. I would go out with one of my mom's celestial bronze swords and practice. 

     I also trained with a bow. I was VERY good with a bow. 

     I grabbed a celestial bronze sword. When I pulled it out of the sheath, it glowed. That was abnormal for the magical sword, especially for how much it glowed. I looked over at the boy, and he stared at the sword. 

     I sighed, turning away quickly, and wrapped the belt around my waist. I looked farther onto the rack. In the darkness, I saw a glowing bow. I stared at it for a while. The weapons scratched at my mind like a bear would at a beehive. I shook my head, then grabbed the bow, along with a full quiver of arrows. When I took out all of the arrows to check the heads, more regenerated. 

     "Nice. Infinite arrows." 

     The arrows had golden arrowheads, and the fletchings were silver. I attempted to stuff the arrows back in, then wrapped the bow around my chest and shoulder, like a knapsack. The quiver clipped onto my belt. 

     I ran out of the forge and into the gully, where everyone was gathered. Zeva was standing in front of the crowd with Thyra.

     "Hylia, get up here!" Zeva hissed as I pushed through the crowd. They were standing on a platform that was a few feet high.

     I jumped the height and stood next to Zeva, making myself look tall next to the two, for they were much shorter than I. 

     "Warriors, attention!" Thyra ordered. The crowd grew silent, and she continued. "These girls are going on a quest to save the world." 

     The crowd murmured to each other in disgust, and I shifted. "It's okay," Zeva whispered. "It's just because you're new." 

     "The prophecy has been heard, and we must complete it before the solstice." I suddenly remembered something. Every prophecy in Greek mythology was to be completed by the sostice, whether it was winter or summer. It was never completed on the equinox.

     The crowd cheered. I smiled slightly, and Thyra turned to us. "I will escort you out of the forest. Let's go." She shooed us offstage, and we hurried up the hill.

     We were setting off on an adventure that could end our lives, and the world.