Chapter Sixteen

Gaea charged at me, and I noticed Niall come around from the side.

"Dad, if you're listening, come to my aid!" Zeva caused a fire in her hand, and threw a few fireballs at the goddess. 

"Gods... Help me!" I screamed as I jumped out of Gaea's way.

"Rotten demigod! I will have your head!"

"Not today," I spoke. I ran forward, my celestial bronze sword sparkling in the dimming sunlight.

As soon as the words slipped from my lips, Zeus appeared next to me, covered head to toe in battle armor.

Slowly, one by one, the Olympians appeared around me. My mother stood at my side, dagger in hand, clad in beautiful gemmed armor.

"Mom! What are you doing her- Oh, right."

"That's right. Now, fight!"

I ran into the fray, right in front of Gaea. She glared at me, and suddenly, I was suffocated by dirt. I couldn't see, nor breathe. I fell, turning blue because of the oxygen loss. 

"Hylia, no!" My mother ran over, and I could breathe again. My head hurt a lot, though.

Gaea had migrated to a large patch of cloud, dueling with Zeva. I jumped over within seconds, and I hit Gaea in the arm with my blade, causing her to squeal and spew golden ichor.

Zeva retaliated, hitting the earthen goddess again in the other arm, causing dirt to fall to the mortal world.

Suddenly, everyone was around us, wacking at the goddess. 

"Stop!" 

Everyone froze, their swords raised.

Zeus had stepped in, and everyone backed away a few steps. 

"We shall give one special fighter the final blow," he roared. "I think it's time I let my son know who his father is."

Again, the group of gods stepped back, revealing my boyfriend.

"Niall..." I shivered. His arms were bloody and bruised from the stones Gaea threw. His hair was back to brunette, the light blond sucked out of it.

"Son, I'm sorry I lied to you, but..." Zeus looked at the pile of dirt that Gaea had turned into. "Please, just finish off the battle."

Niall walked up, took the god's weapon, into shoved the holy weapon into the dirt pile. It glowed and evaporated. 

"The battle has been won!"