4.

"Why did you have to do that?" I ask Char,pulling on my leggings and avoiding her eye contact in light annoyance.

"Do what?"she teases,pinning her gorgeous waterfall of hair back.

I stop dramatically and look at her.

"Seriously Char....I frickin' hate him!"

I run out of the changing rooms and onto the pavement area outside as the tears begin to flow. Charlotte immediately comes to my rescue.

"He made me feel worth something but then acts embarrassed to be seen with me in public. Its been like a day and I feel head over heels like ugh..."

Charlotte hugs me so tightly as the boys and girls file out of the changing rooms. Desperately, I hide my face in shame hoping that no one will notice. That is until Char gently whispers ,"Rosii..."

She still has her arm firmly on my shoulder as I look up and I'm stood with James and Danny again,only even more awkward this time.

James breaks the silence by clearing his throat and Charlotte throws him a death glare.

"What's up Rosa?" Danny mumbles,looking less shifty than before,yet still questionable.

"Nothing," I say,turning away sharply but he grasps a hold of my hand before I can protest. A few nearby students take in the scene and raise their brows,but he doesn't seem fazed by them at all. I notice James and Charlotte exchanging glances-almost like telepathic communication ...

Danny loosens his grip a little,eyes softening at me and my heart melts for those big,honey colored eyes.

"Look...If you're not willing to talk now meet me at the cafe after school."

I don't say anything,waiting for him to release my hand. Eventually he drops it,a look of hurt covering his face,but quickly its replaced by an emotionless canvas.

A sharp pain rushes through me as me and Char run forward to catch up with the other girls. A few are sending me questioning looks and a few look annoyed...

***

At lunch time I pull on my parka coat and make my way towards the usual fence,which is mine and Char's dwelling place. She's there already,sat with our little picnic out.

Her back is firmly against the fence and she looks like a gorgeous angel,all innocent and blonde billowing hair. She's set our lattices and hot cocoa and some Sainsburys cookies...Mmm my favorite...

My heart feels loved as I plonk my self down next to her and we begin our usual gaggle of gossip and chats about the most irrelevant topics.

"So,"she starts,clearing her throat as though she's gaining courage to ask me something,"how's it with Daniel?"

She never uses anyone's proper name,unless there's something serious she's going to say... A rush of nervousness overcomes me.

I shrug my shoulders,munching noisily and staring into the distance.

She grabs my palm.

"Honey,don't hate me for telling your his okay?"

I turn my full attention to her,eyes searching her for immediate answers.

"Danny has a girl friend,its that Sasha girl-the loud and rude one."

My mind blanks as she babbles on about how they don't suit etc. But all I needed to know was why he was acting strange.

Well now I know I can't be seen even looking at him,or Sasha will be on my case...

The girl is absolutely beautiful,let alone the most lived girl in the school although she's a downright bitch.

She has caramel toned skin with large hazel eyes and a small up turned nose. Her hair is black and straight that always seems perfect and she has the most gorgeous figure.

No wonder Daniel wouldn't want me,I tell myself as I look at the porky feast I just indulged in,making it a mental note to be healthy from then on.

"But I think Danny likes you now. I mean we all know he's gone all the way with Sasha but-I mean look at him!"

He eyes suggest looking one way so i subtly turn my head in the direction she suggested.

Its the usual gang of seven,pointing at this girl and that and flirting with several overly-hopeful younger ones. I sigh in pity,for they don't know what they're like. But stupid me,I know what they're like yet I still fall for Danny.

That's when I notice him. He's stood amongst them but not participating in the flirting. He looks rather disorientated and keeps throwing nervous glances in our direction and towards other directions.