Ancient Island-Part 1

(Hello By Adele)
Cassandra's POV

The earth rumbled underneath our feet as we entered the cave.Water drip sounds in the cave entered my ears as i felt leaves crunching under our feet.I walked slowly towards the inner cave,i kept an eye open for strange things or stuff.Something glinted against the wall.I picked it up and sniffed it.It smelled like a truffle but was shaped like a coin.I was about to bite it but Cassidy stopped me,"That's a wolf bane cookie.I tried it once during the time when i wanted to commit suicide but i survived luckily.It was after,"She hesitated but finally consented,"Conner rejected me."

I looked at Conner,his eyes widened as he scanned his mate's eyes,trying to find if it was a joke or not.But when she didn't do anything,he ran a hand through his hair and blew out breaths before sitting down on a bolder with his head in his hands.Cassidy looked away in shame and i shook my head,"Cassidy,you take the troop in further.I am gonna have a talk with...him."She nodded and used her head to indicate that they had to get going.Annabelle shooted me a 'good luck' look before leaving behind her troop.

"She was gonna kill herself.Because of me and my stupid brain.I don't know what to do.If I accept her,she might break me apart.If I reject her,she might kill herself."Conner voiced his thoughts out loud.I sighed and sat down next to him,he looked up at me,his eyes full of pain and regret,"What do you think i should do?"

I smiled softly,"She is my sister.And if i lose her,i will have to kill you."My voice came out dead cold and flat.He gulped in fear,his Apple bobbed.

Good,he's scared.My wolf laughed.

I am pretty sure it's not a very good idea either,threatening him.He has to make his own choices.I reasoned.

Oh well.My wolf sighed with utter most disappointment.

He stated,"You know what?!I am gonna go get her right now."I stood up in excitement,jumping up and down before running after him as he ran.Cassidy heard us coming but before she could turn herself,Conner had already grabbed her and pressed his lips against hers.She got out of her shock and her arms clasped around Conner's neck.They pulled apart and Cassidy whispered,"What made you changed your mind?"

He pecked her again,"I am sorry that i rejected you and for breaking your heart.And i really want us to work out.I know we have had some really rough times together on this journey.But i just want to seize the day before it's gone."

She smiled,her eyes sparkling with salty liquid,her lips quivered,"I love you so much."

He brightened up,"I love you too."He swooped in for another kiss before holding her hand,she smiled at him and i could see happiness in her eyes and her usual brown eyes were sparkling with golden glints.I looked at Christopher and he was already looking at me or should i say my lips.I wanted to close my distance with him but he was too reckless.He could break my heart,but for now i will just go along as his girlfriend like he thinks i am.But i can't fall for him.I just need to be cautious.

I felt a buzz against my leg,slowly taking out the key,i watched as it shot out a golden thread,it strapped itself around a boulder and the boulder cracked.It revealed a tunnel,vines surrounded it.The key spoke in my mind,"That is the tunnel to Acient Island.But you must be back in two weeks or else the portal will close forever.And you will be lost.Or gone for good."The voice sounded so feminine.

I tried communicating with it but the key no longer sparkled,it grew into an ugly shade of grey.I slipped it into my pocket and turned to the others who had snapped out of the drama streaming live from Conner and Cassidy.

I joined my hands together,"We are going to enter the portal now.But i am going to give a warning.We have to finish this mission in two weeks or else the tunnels will close forever.And we will be stuck for good or lost as some kind of form."

Annabelle and Isabelle held hands,the rest joined hands together,their pale skin also reluctantly touched my group's tanned skin.Cassidy shot Conner a look that says,'i love you' before she walked towards me,she beamed,"Let's go then!"

I grinned,"That's the spirit,sis."I held her hand and we walked into the tunnel.The rest followed suite.

*

The tunnel was so quiet that i could hear whispers from corners of the cave.My key was still warm from talking to me with the last bit of magic.Chris appeared next to me and whispered,"Are you mad?"

I pretended to be clueless,"No.What do you mean?Why would i be mad at you?"

He frowned,"You have ignoring me.Where is the girl that acted so seductive at the carnival?You seem so secretive.Sometimes i really want to take you on top of a bed.But we have more worries to take care of than this.I don't understand you."His voice grew louder in the tunnel.

Some people could sense an arguement about to come,they walked even faster and soon it was just me and Chris walking together in a even pace.It was fast but not fast enough to catch up to the almost running people.I slowed down and stopped abruptly,"Are you really serious right now?Out of all the times just now,you could have said something but why now?I don't get it."He pleaded for me to say something after he finished.

I turned to face him before stating,"You fell under the siren's spell.Do you know how their spells work?They work when a person isn't attached to another person and it seems to me you don't even like me or love me."I could feel moisture seeping from the deep depths of my eyes,"It hurt me.It really badly hurt me.So i made up a plan to keep being your girlfriend but i won't get attached to you.I was expecting it to go well but you knew something was wrong.The plan backfired and now we are here,argueing over this silly matter but a matter that also hurt me."

His eyes softened and his muscular arms wrapped around my hips before pulling me tightly against his penis.He gently carressed my face,"I am sorry for that.If you have told me earlier,i would have stopped myself.And i am getting attached to you but it felt like it was one sided so i grew apart from you.And i fell under Mila's spell because i didn't want to show you i love you."I gasped,sucking in a breath,he paused,looking into my eyes,as if he is trying to look for anymore secrets,he continued,"I have loved you since the day i found out you were my mate but i also couldn't do it.My father hates you so i rejected you.But my father passed away so i accepted you.I was waiting for me to get the Alpha position then i would accept you.If you hadn't ran away,we would have been married and mated by now.You would be sitting at home with a pregnant stomach."

My eyes shined with tears of happiness.I lifted my hand to touch his face,his face tilted into my hand and his warm breath fell onto my palm.I whispered,"I am sorry for being selfish too by running away and not getting a reason for being rejected."I leaned up and pressed my lips firmly against his before he finally decided to lean down to save my feet from getting tired.I literally melted against his chest,and his tongue gently licked my lower lip for entrance.I allowed his tongue to explore each and every corner of my mouth before i pulled away,gasping for air softly.

A chuckle rung out,"Guys,save the make out for later.You have got to come check this out!"

Me and Chris grinned at each other before running to where the others.

With our hands still molded together perfectly.

No matter what happens,we will get through that together.

*
Sorry,guys.I am so sorry.I have been having exams lately and i am studying each and everyday.But since my exams are almost finished,i decided to present another chapter to you guys.Hopefully you guys would vote,comment and follow me!

It would really make me happy and i would the book even faster than before.Please support me!I need all your support in finishing this forty chaptered book.There will definitely be a sequel and a triquel.Is it how you say the third book?

But anyways enjoy.

Chocolate and cat lovers foreverrrrrr.

♡♡♡♡♧♡♡♡☆♡♡