This One Time, At Football Camp.... [boyxboy]

Chapter One

Zane-

"Come on, ladies! Pick up the pace!" Coach Larson yelled at not only me, but the rest of the team.

"I feel like an effing mule..." Carson huffed from beside me.

He was breathing heavily. Carson wasn't a runner, that's for sure. Which might surprise quite a lot of people, considering he's quite thin. But that's the thing, not a lot of muscle like me. Standing next to each other, not only do I tower over him, but my biceps, let's say, look like boulders. Comparatively, of course.

I only nodded. Carson smirked. He thought that meant I was running out of breath. No such luck. I merely wasn't one to talk during running drills. I had to stay in the zone. Football season was coming up in two weeks. That also meant two weeks of football camp at Lake Corbier. Which had just started this morning, when we had arrived on the buses. It had almost been funny, the looks on some of the guys' faces just as soon as we dropped our bags off in front of the cabins, Coach had come up to us and said, "Start running!"

I could care less that the first thing we did was run instead of eat. I'm determined to kick ass this football season. Gotta be noticed by college scouts. My family didn't have the money to send me to college without a hefty scholarship...

My own personal frustration made me kick it into high gear. I pushed my legs farther and harder than I had all morning. I finished way ahead of the rest of my teammates, but that's usually how it is.

Carson finally caught up to me and the whole team bombarded into the shower hall.

"Anderson!" Coach called for me.

"Coach wants to spank your ass, Zane," Trey said, and the others laughed.

The guys always liked to joke that the coach had a gay fantasy including me and a jock strap.. hardee har har. Very funny...

I ran back to coach.

"Yeah, Coach??" I asked, standing tall.

He slapped me on the back. "Good hustling out there, Anderson. Makes me proud when I see you working your ass off as an example."

I nodded. "Thanks, Coach," I said, without a smile.

"Now, we got a new kid coming in tonight. A transfer student from Arbor Hills...I want you to make sure everyone takes him in alright. Help him get in with the other teammates and all..."

I had stiffened at the words Arbor Hills. They were our biggest rival at Shenton High. And now one of their players would be joining our team? I would like to see how this goes down...

Coach was looking at me expectantly. I straightened more.

"Sure, Coach. No problem."

"No personal feelings in this, Anderson. He was a Dragon. Now, he's a Knight. The past doesn't matter," Coach Larson pointed out, playing with his whistle.

"Yeah, I know, Coach."

Did I?

I ran back to the shower hall and let my muscles release tension while the hot water ran down my back.

Maybe Coach was right. The past was the past. So what if the new guy used to be a rival, an Arbor Hills Dragon? Now, he was a Shenton Knight. That's all that mattered...

Right?

I made it back to my cabin where Carson and Joey Marks were already claiming their bunks; Joey on top, Carson on bottom. The thought made me snigger, and they both cast me a strange look.

"What's so funny?" Carson asked.

"Nothing," I said, still smirking to myself.

"Sure, whatever," Carson said.

I shrugged and lugged my duffel bag onto the top bunk on the other side of the cabin.

"Lucky us, we got one less person in our cabin," Joey said, pointing to the empty bunk below mine.

"About that..." I said.

"What?" Joey asked, looking concerned.

"We got a new guy coming in," I said.

"Oh." Was the response I got.

"He's gonna be here tonight, probably right after dinner or something," I added.

"Okay."

I started shoving some of my t-shirts into the dresser next to the bunks. Joey and Carson started complaining about their leg muscles being overworked.

"Oh, one more thing," I said turning around to face them.

"What's that?" Carson asked.

Joey raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"He's from Arbor Hills."

"WHAT THE FU-