Chapter Four

Zane-

I woke up to the sound of Coach's blowhorn.

"Wakey-wakey, princesses!" He called through a megaphone.

I groaned and turned from side to side. I felt like I had gotten zero sleep.  I blamed the new kid, causing me all that unnecessary stress.  Everyone hated him. And I couldn't place those surreal blue eyes on the field.  Had he been one of the guys in the infamous fight of '12? Maybe...

I sat up and dropped down to the cold, wooden floor. My watch said five am, just as coach had promised. Joey and Carson were barely stirring yet. At least Jamie was sitting up and pulling his covers off his sleepy ass. He got up out of bed, standing awfully close to me, in just his boxers. I was staring again, and I knew it. His blond hair was tossled and messy, his chest was well-developed, and his-

"Woa. Dude, take care of your morning wood," I said.

He looked down, then looked back up into my eyes. He shrugged.

It wasn't like I wasn't used to seeing morning wood from guys. First off, I got it. Secondly, at a football camp or any travel game while staying at a hotel it would be abnormal not to see at least one. So it shouldn't have been a big deal at all.

It shouldn't have.

I watched the new kid for a moment as he got dressed, then I shook myself out of it and slammed my hand on Joey's head.

"C'mon guys, get up," I said, pulling on some sweatpants.

Even though it was summer, at five am and right on the lake, the weather was quite cool. I could see my breath as I ran laps around the other guys. Surprisingly, Jamie kept up with me for the most part. When we were heading back to the dining hall I mentioned that I was slightly impressed.

"Whatever. I was holding back." He said, walking past me to get a stack of pancakes.

God, this guy was infuriating.

"Just who the hell do you think you are?" I huffed.

I didn't have time for his bullshit. I had a season to dominate in.

He looked me up and down, eerily similar to the way I had been looking at him the night before.

"If I had to take a guess right now, I'd say I'm your worst nightmare," He said.

His steely glint in his eyes stayed with me all throughout the day. What did he mean, my worst nightmare?

What was he planning to do to me?

Well if that little shit expected me to fear him, he had another thing coming. I wasn't going to take any crap laying down. If this Arbor Hills Dragon wanted to be a Knight, he needed to earn his place.

The hard way.

I caught up with Joey, Carson, Trey, Blake, and a few of the other guys. I slung my arms over the shoulders of Joey and Carson.

I know that Coach wanted me to open the new guy with open arms, but that clearly wasn't going to happen. He needed to learn his place.

"What's up, Zane?" Blake asked.

I grinned devilishly. "You guys wanna give the Dragon an initiation he'll never forget?" I asked.

Joey and Trey chuckled. Carson slapped me on the back.

"Now we're talking!" He exclaimed.

"Alright," I said as we were heading out of the cafeteria and onto the practice field, "We're gonna need a team huddle."

Everyone nearby gathered around. Dirty faces surrounded me in a tight circle.

"Alright guys, any ideas?" I asked. I always liked to make sure my team got an input in play choices.

Six minutes later, I said, "Alright, here's the plan."

We broke after that. "On three," I said.

"ONE. TWO. THREE. BREAK."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long!!!!

Tell me what you think!

;)

Love,

T