Eternal Snow [Vladimir Tod Fanfiction]

© Auntie Heather. All locations and characters belong to Heather Brewer.

Cover Art Picture: ::Snow:: by Ginsui-rin on DeviantART.

Prologue

I opened the door to join Vlad in the pouring rain.

He looked handsomer than ever. I smiled and looked up as the raindrops danced on my skin. ‘I love the rain. Especially when it’s so warm. Don’t you?’ I said to break the tension. He thought on that for a while and answered my question with an other, ‘Did you miss me when I was gone?’ The words had barely left his lips when I said, ‘Of course I did. I’m really glad you’re back. After what you said the last time we talked, I wasn’t sure you’d be coming back at all. What about you, did you miss me at all?’

            He didn’t answer my question, ‘I have a gift for you, Snow. Close your eyes.’

I could feel my black eyeliner smudge my eyes. I stepped closer to Vlad and closed my eyes as he instructed. I could feel my lips curling up into a smile. Then, I felt something soft against my nose. A flower. I inhaled the smell. Rose. I opened my eyes and took the rose in my hand. ‘Oh, Vlad, that’s so sweet! It’s beautiful!’

            He shook his head and said, ‘That’s not the gift, Snow. This is.’

He grabbed me by the shoulders forcibly, unlike other times when he did his best not to hurt me. I gasped as he bit down. He was releasing me as his drudge. He had told me about it last year. When he finished, he pushed me away but I fell against his chest. Vlad helped me gently to the ground and placed a kiss on my forehead. He whispered, ‘Goodbye, Snow. You deserve someone who loves you, who really loves you… not a monster like me.’

            I wanted to pull him close, to kiss him, to prevent him to leave me. But I was to weak. He got up, wipped my blood from the corner of his mouth and walked out of the alley.