chapter 3

The alarm on Lauren's phone jolted her awake that morning. Shit. She forgot she had class today.
She jumped out of bed and grabbed her jeans from the night before. Throwing Harry's boxers she borrowed on the floor, she pulled the material up her legs and ran into the bathroom. Her makeup was smeared and her hair was a mess. There was no doubt in her mind that her breath probably smelled disgusting as well.

She rummaged through the cabinets until she found all of Harry's secrets to his "perfect smile" as he calls it. She didn't even question why he had melted coconut oil under his sink, but she threw it on a piece of toilet paper and rubbed her eyes with it. Looking back in the mirror, her smudged eyeliner was gone.

Rummaging through the cabinet again, she found a toothbrush still in the packaging. Thank you Harry for having five million toothbrushes. She thought to herself. Ripping it open, she threw some toothpaste on it and shoved it in her mouth.

Her hair was still a mess. The odds must be in her favor today because it just happens that Harry's hair bands he uses for his "man bun" were sitting on the sink. She grabbed one and wrapped her hair around it, making it look like she tried to make it look all messy.

She was still wearing Harry's grey shirt because she didn't have time to bring some clothes over that night. It was a big shirt and she had winter boots with her so it would look like she was going for that I-just-got-out-of-bed-and-didn't-care-to-get-dressed look.

By the time Lauren left the bathroom, Harry was already in a pair of black sweatpants and a white short-sleeved tee, his hair in his signature bun, holding the little girl in his arms.
"She was awake, but she was quiet. I thought she would want to see us."

Lauren smiled, looking down at the infant. A lot has happened in the last twelve hours, and now more is about to happen.

"Do you have any bananas or anything? Class is about to start and I need to go," She said, bouncing in place; a nervous habit of hers.

"Yeah they should be right on the counter when you go downstairs," Harry said, gesturing towards the stairs with his head.

Lauren started walking down the stairs, and Harry followed slowly, afraid he would drop the silent child.

She grabbed the banana and peeled it halfway, so she could grab her phone and type in the directions to the campus.

She walked out the door, Harry still following behind. Her old, little car was sitting in the driveway, looking like it would fall apart at any second.

"Why haven't you bought a new car yet?" Harry asked, making Lauren turn around and walk backwards towards the car.

Lauren sighed, "I can't afford one. I gotta go, I'll see you when it's over. It's my only class today."

She kissed him and jumped in the front seat of her car. She put her key in and turned the ignition on, the only response was a splutter of the engine.

"Come on," She groaned, trying again and again to get the car to start.

The engine was stubborn. There was no way it was going to start.

"God fucking dammit!" Lauren screamed, slamming her hands on the steering wheel.

She heard Harry yelling from right outside the car, "There is a child present!"

Lauren got out of the car, not even wanting to make it to class now. "My car won't start."

"Here just use mine, I'm not going anywhere important," He said, handing the little bundle to her.

"I don't wanna get in the way of your stuff," She said, adjusting the baby into a more comfortable position.

"Please, I don't want you to be late," And he ran inside the house, leaving Lauren standing in the driveway awkwardly with the baby in her arms sleeping peacefully.

Seconds later, Harry runs out of the house, keys in his hands. "Here."

Lauren grabbed them from him and handed him the baby again. "I gotta go, see you afterwards."

They kissed quickly, and she jumped into his car, this time it started up perfectly fine, making her scoff in mock annoyance.

Harry couldn't help but feel guilty. He's her boyfriend, shouldn't he be stepping up and getting her a car? She never liked surprises, so just buying her one out of no where is probably not a good idea. Who knows? She might be upset if he actually wants to buy her a car. The best choice he has is to actually sit down and talk to her about it.

~++~

Back in class, Lauren couldn't pay attention due to the lack of sleep from waking up over and over again whenever Riley was crying.

The only thing that was keeping her awake was her conversation with Liam's wife, Alana.

Liam wasn't on the couch this morning when I left, did you bring him home?

It only took a few seconds to get a respond.

Yeah, he woke up super early and said he was 'too tired' to drive a few blocks to our house.

Lauren snorted quietly getting a 'shh' from a few rows above her that she ignored anyway.

Men.

She locked her phone and started looking through her laptop for the assignment the teacher was rambling on about.

Her phone buzzed and she expected it to be a text back from Alana when she saw Harry's name show up.

She's crying, what am I supposed to do?!? HELP!

She laughed silently, and typed a response back.

Check her diaper maybe.

She got a response back right away.

That was the problem.

One question...

How do you change a diaper?

Lauren rolled her eyes, she almost couldn't believe how childish her boyfriend was.

Watch a YouTube video.

No one had any idea how much money she would've paid to see that going on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah okay here ya go I updated.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Americans.

thanks for reading,

-tori.