Prologue

She was about to give birth. Her whole body was in agony, but she knew it was worth it. She knew that when she first held the baby, it would be alright. The pain would be forgotten when she held it.

However, a part of her knows she’ll never be able to hold it, to hold her first child. The child she had wanted and wished for her entire life.

The pain was almost unbearable. She gripped her husband's arm, digging her fingernails into his flesh. Suddenly, she heard the nurse.

“You have a beautiful little daughter.”

She looked up, a smile filling her face at the nurse’s words. The pain ceased to matter now. She had given birth to a beautiful baby girl.

The mid-wife was about to hand over the baby to her when the door was flung open. Her husband stumbled forward, desperate to get between the Major and his wife. 

“I’m sorry, but your child was chosen to be sent up there.” Said the Major staring down at her.

The fear was written all over her face. No, she wanted to yell. Not her beautiful little girl, they can’t send a newborn child to the monster! They couldn’t do this.

“No!” She yelled weakly. It was all she could muster; the birth had drained every bit of her power. She had given everything for this child. They couldn’t take her baby away.

“I’m sorry, but it’s decided.”

The woman couldn’t believe it. She tried to get up, to take the baby from the nurse, but she was so weak she failed. She fell to the floor at the feet of the Major.

“No please.” She begged. “Don’t do this! Send me, not my baby!”

She felt weak, powerless, and useless to protect her daughter. She would do anything to protect her daughter. 

Even if she had to sacrifice her own life.

Even if she had to go to the monster.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Okay so this is the prologue ;D the first chappie is going to be up later today and I hope you like it ;D I changed nearly everything in the prologue and I even chnged the title (I planned on calling it innocent but decided taht innocence is better so it's innocence now ;D

Anyways, please vote and comment ;D I would love to know if you like it or not ;D

oh and btw, I've decided to do this story first and start 'Mary Jane Kelly' when I'm finished with one of the stories I'm writing on ;D hope you guys think I've decided right ;D

Dedicated to my editor ;D I think she's amazing ;D

Oh, and a friend edited a small part of the chapter too ;D Thanks L1meCre ;P