The Dragon's Fall (Not Edited Yet!)

Kaitlynn lay on the bed, thinking about what she would say when she met her mother. What do you usually say when you meet your presumed dead mother? The little girl really didn’t know. No one ever had met his missing mother again in her village. It wasn’t normal for them because all of them who had lost their mother because she had to go as sacrifice thought that they were dead, Kaitlynn was the only one who knew that this wasn’t true. The so called monster didn’t kill them. He let them work in his castle.

Suddenly the little girl sat up, tired of waiting for Jase to come back. Why did he have to learn for such a long time? Especially when she just had arrived. It wasn’t something you should do when you have a guest. You should always take care of your guest and not do what you want, leaving them alone in a room they don’t know yet…

Kaitlynn jumped off the bed and wandered around the room. She wanted to take a look at the dragons drawn on the desk. They were just too beautiful to ignore.

She touched the wood, following the lines on it. On the top right hand side there was a giant white dragon, his eyes golden and kind on the left side was a black one. Eyes as red as you’d imagine hells fire. He looked kinda bad to the little girl. Especially his claws scared her. They were crimson red at the top and looked like they were covered in blood. She turned away from it, scared of how this dragon looked like.

At the bottom were smaller dragons in all different colors. They were everywhere, in lakes or river, in the fields drawn there, some even were on rooftops. They were amazingly drawn and Kaitlynn loved them all. But one was fascinating her more than any other.

It was a midnight blue dragon, lying on the grass next to a river, surrounded by cornflowers. The way it blue eyes looked at her was the most fascination though. It was like it was real, really staring at the little girl with his eyes as blue as the deepest ocean. Whoever made this was a genius.

“What are you doing here little girl?” A voice sounded from behind Kaitlynn. She turned around surprised. The little girl didn’t expect anyone to come here. But it seems like she was wrong. Someone came.

“I’m a friend of Jase and he told me that I can stay in this room.” She looked at the person standing in front of her.

It was a woman at about thirty years of age. She had long brown hair that shimmered like the chocolate running through the chocolate well the Major had for his last birthday. Her eyes were a dark green, just like the woods in twilight. She had a beautiful shaped face, even if Kaitlynn thought that her jaw was a bit too bride for the rest of her face. The woman was wearing a green dress; it had puffy sleeves and was decorated with gold ornaments. For her it was just amazingly beautiful.

“Oh, you’re a friend of the young master? Well, I’m his maid Angelique. Nice to meet you little girl. What’s your name?” The woman smiled at Kaitlynn. It was a friendly smile, full of kindness while it still looked a bit forced and not real. Maybe she missed someone at home… The dress was made by her father, that was something she was sure about. She never heard of anyone who could make as beautiful dresses as her father and he always made dresses for the sacrifices too. It had to be his work.

“I’m Kaitlynn” The girl replied a real smile on its face. She really liked her new home and Angelique seemed to be pretty nice too.

“Your name’s Kaitlynn?” The woman looked shocked. What was wrong? “I-I’ve gotta go. Bye Kaitlynn!” Kaitlynn stared after the woman as she hastily ran out of the room, nearly tripping over her own feet.

“Angelique? What’s wrong with my name?” Kaitlynn shouted as she watched the woman run away but she didn’t get a reply. The only thing she heard was the door closing with a heavy hit. What was wrong with her? Did she say something wrong?