Chapter 1-

I live in a large town between beautiful mountains, a fluently rushing river and a meadow surrounded by nature. My whole life I have been oddly drawn to nature and its outstanding beauty. I always sneak out to go to my secret little place hidden along the beach of the river. The cover, I call it.

I am known by the town and my parents to have a very odd outlook and imagination to the world we live in. one time I thought and still think that we are trapped in a lost realm. They all told me to give my imagination up, so I did and now I think about life's weirdest wonders in secret. So now, me, sitting in Mrs. Johnson's period 5 English class is not really where I should or want to be right now.

"Azalea," says Mrs. Johnson, her purple glasses and wrinkled face stares back at me. She is looking right at me, her face slightly tilted to the side. You can see the red flush onto her face as the anger builds. It feels like she is staring straight into the deepest part of my soul. Her greasy dark hair sways as she walks down the rows of empty desks towards me. I turn my head and look out towards the town of Bridgelake. I look past the empty desks surrounding me and look though the trees until I reach a beautiful glimmering. I ignore Mrs. Johnson completely until I hear shouting and anger.

"Azalea!" she yells, "I know you've been through a lot lately but you should be focused on your school work." Her voice fades out because even though I can name about a billion things Mrs. Johnson is wrong about, she was right about that one thing and everyone in Bridgelake knew. I had gone through a lot lately, I was pretty much the towns crazy person. And yes you could argue that all teenagers go through a lot, the hormones, the gossip, friends, boys, family, the list goes on forever. But I don't think anyone can compete to what has happened to me in the past year and a half of my life. The worst part is, that the newspapers are telling the story from what they believed happened.

Its not hard to get caught in the glamour of people pressing you for answers. You start telling a lie to make your story more believable. Reason. That's the word they called it. They made the story more reasonable for people to understand. So basically yes, I lied.

I didn't want to since lately I have been feeling the lies returning to me and every night I count the lies I told, somehow hoping that number will change.

My dreams are nightmares of my ongoing real experiences.

I leave Mrs. Johnson's classroom with my full load of homework. I have given up on looking happy, like I belong, when all I get are whispers and basic questions such as:

"How are you feeling?"

"Have you heard from anyone yet?"

"Are you ok?"

That question hurts the most. Of course, I'm not okay, my life has been off...

I leave the school and walk. The warm summer air hits me as I walk past the many parked care on the road. The big city buildings and low residential houses. I walk over the small foot bridge leaving Bridgelake and walk over the sandy beach onto the rocky cove. The smell of lake water and fresh green trees fills my nose as I start my memorized path.

8 rocks to the right. This path to my secret place. 4 rocks forward. Where I am no longer a girl of 'what happened to her?' 3 rocks left. A place surrounded by my own nature. Under the fallen branch. This place where all the elements and nature I have known and will know are at peace. Close the space with leaves, take a deep breath and spin. A place where I can be alone.

Until I saw them

I duck out of their view and hide behind one of the rocks that lead into my Cove. There are 5 of them all in this same shining armoured material. The armour shines with the suns changing pattern through the trees. I look have a sleeve of colour glowing off their arms and their armour, a bright white, is entangled with that colour. They all at the same time look up into the air, watching as the sun is almost perfectly in place with the center of the Cove. The grass is missing there, its brown dirt an eye sore to the rest of my home away from home. I check my watch, 11:55, almost noon. Noon is when the sun makes perfect light on top of that dirt patch, no longer blocked by the encasing trees.

This is the place where I began to believe

A certain armoured man, young compared to the others, is walking slowly around the outskirts of the Cove. He stops in front of my looking at the branch right above the rock. The armoured man is too striking to even be placed on this earth. His blue green eyes change when the branches of sun and shade dance of his sandy coloured hair. His helmet although covers most of his hair, lets one strand through to cover one of those mystical twinkling eyes. He's tall, I think about 6 feet and is obviously fit. His arm however, is covered with armour, no colour at all. Just man and muscle. I am too dazzled I completed forget what's in front of me in the first place. I realize in a panic attack one movement and the know...I am here. But come on... Armoured Guards? Here? Why? Who are they? Where did they come from?

I start to here a song, slow and soft, getting louder gradually. It only takes me about 5 seconds to realize that its my cellphone and I jump into panic. I look up, all 5 armoured guards are staring towards the branches and my safe keeping rock. I check my watch, 11:59. They start to walk towards me, slow like a cat stalking a mouse waiting to pounce, but I know this place all too well.

As I watch the clock change to noon all 5 armoured men disappear, the brown spot in the ground steaming a little from the hot sun. Except before they are gone completely, the striking guard sees me and smiles, a whisper that rings through the air as he disappears.

"Found Her"