Chapter 8

Riley's POV:

I woke up, yawned and stretched my arms. I hit my pillow and it groaned. Wait..SINCE WHEN DOES MY PILLOW GROAN?! I look to the side at see Alex with dry tears in his face snoring lightly. I look at the clock 6:52 am. I carefully get out of his grip and walk into my room. If he found out I slept on his bed with him...hell will raise! I put on my black jeans, my Led Zeppelin sleeveless shirt and a black hoodie with my converse. I brush my teeth, do my hair and go downstairs for breakfast. I see a note taped on the fridge 'good morning Alex and Riley. Your father and I had to make a last minute trip to New York. We'll be back in 2 weeks. Be safe. Love you's" second day and they're gone. Great...

Alex's POV:

'My life, my life makes me run away but there's no place to go, no place to go. All the confusion is an illusi-'

I hit 'STOP' on my alarm clock. I look next to me and see the side is empty. Didn't Riley sleep in here? She was nice I guess. I notice it's 7:02 am. I groan and roll myself out of bed. I out on black jeans with my white and green sleeves shirt. I put on my green converse and put my black beanie on my head. I brushed my teeth and went downstairs for breakfast. I walk in to see Riley playing with her spoon in her cereal. "Morning" I say "Morning. Your mum and dad went to New York for 2 weeks due to a late job offer" she says. I nod. "Honey I'm home!!!" I hear someone yell, I walk out and see James with Maria "James! Shut the fuck up!" She scolds...,well more like tells off.

"Hmph! I don't listen to nobody!"" He exclaims with attitude. Maria stands up straight and puts her hands on her hips. He sighed "Sorry Maria" he mutters. She smirks in satisfaction. She walks past me giving me a very small 'Hi'. James comes up to me "Hey" he says "Why doesn't she like me?" I ask. He scoffs "Ok no offence but like who would like you after all you've done to Maria" he exclaims with a 'DUH!' Voice. "Now what have I done to her to make her hate me?" I ask. He takes a deep sigh "We'll for starters you bullied her all through year 8, 9 and 10. You humiliate her, you make her feel stupid and your girlfriend puts her through complete hell." He says. I give him a death glare and he just shrugs.

I walk into the kitchen and see Maria and Riley laughing. "James! Get your ass in here!" Maria yells. James walks in "Hey Riley!"he exclaims. "Alex!!!! Where the fuck are you?! We're gonna miss Ryan!" Drew yells. He walks in the kitchen "Hey Riley" he says with a wink. She just rolls her eyes. "Hey Alex" he says "Where's my wink?" I ask jokingly. He chuckles and looks up "Your Martine right?" He asks "It's Maria and we are late. James can you go upstairs and get my skateboard while I quickly pack my lunch? Thanks" she says

"Ahem!" He says jutting out his cheek, she sighs and walks over to him a gives a quick peck on the cheek. He walks upstairs and Riley quickly grabs fruit and a sandwich already made. James comes back down with a skate board, helmet, elbow pads and knew pads. He gives them to her "Put on the elbow and knee pads" he says seriously. She sighs heavily "Bu-" he cuts her off "better safe then sorry" he says. She rolls her eyes and put the knee and elbow pads on. She was leaving with James and Maria when she yelled back "Your sandwiches are near the microwave! Bye" she yells. Drew walks over to the microwave and picks up his sandwich. "It's chicken! Yummy!" He exclaims "Yours is chicken, lettuce tomato and sauce. So is mine but without tomatoes. Yuck! How'd she know?" He asked. I shrugged. We started skateboarding to school. Drew just kept talking about random shit while I just zoned out but one question was always on my mind: Why did Riley be such a sweetheart after I've been a real dick to her?