Chapter 11

hey guys, so sorry for disappearing in the last while, I really had no intention of doing it but I guess I got a little too lazy over midterm but today I'm back with twice the amount of updates so hope you all enjoy :)

thanks to bzevil- for the banner on the side

-

"Draco, calm down. Are you okay?" I said calmly as I helped Draco over to the couch, George getting up to put on the kettle for him. Draco looked as pale as I had ever seen him and his expression was one of someone who had just encountered the Bloody Baron in private. 

"Astoria... Iris do you not hear this? We're supposed to get married in a few days and she's pregnant! We were getting married and then we were supposed to wait like a year and then we were going to have children, Iris. This wasn't a part of the plan," Draco mumbles, running a hand through his hair and sighing. I put a hand on his knee, leaning down so he could see me again and I look into my best friend's eyes and for once I don't think of  this as a romantic moment. Because all I can see is the look of worry on his face and I can't help but feel it too but I know I'm supposed to help him, not panic. 

"I heard what you said Draco. I know this isn't what you planned but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. Okay, so what, it happened a little before you wanted it to. Is it going to be any less special? Are you going to love that child any less? Are you going to be annoyed at either her or the child for being born early?" I started to ask and for each time he shook his head, his expression slightly softening. "Draco you have the chance to have a baby with the girl you love. Just because it's earlier than expected doesn't mean it's too early or it's not going to be the same. Sometimes the best things that happen are the ones you didn't plan."

"But Iris, we're supposed to get married and act like she's not married. Oh gosh, you knew Iris," Draco's face suddenly goes into a look of shock as he mumbles the last sentence to me. "You came with me to drink the wine because you knew she couldn't. Was that the reason you moved out? Because I've said it before, Iris, you didn't need to move out. There's always your room if you would like to move back in. Except we're going to have to make the apartment a bit bigger for the baby of course and well the sitting room might have to be smaller and-" 

"DRACO!" I yell at him, grasping his attention. He suddenly looks to me and I look him straight in the eye and laugh. "Draco I'm not moving back in. And I think you and Astoria should move out of that apartment. Not that I don't like it or anything but you're going to have a child now, you probably seen it yourself when you were planning it all out. You need more room. And I will always come over and babysit when either of you needs a break."

"Iris you are the best friend I could have ever asked for," Draco mumbles, pulling me into a hug. I hug him back and laugh and a small smile takes over my face because for once my heart isn't fluttering. For once I'm not nervous or unsure. Because for once Draco is just my friend and I'm content with that. 

"I know Draco," I laughed, pulling back from the hug as George brings over a cup of tea for Draco. 

"I'll leave you two alone, I have some work to do," George said with a polite smile on his face. I gave him a hesitant look, feeling kind of bad we were kicking him out of his own sitting room. 

"You don't have to if you don't want to, Draco and I don't mind you watching TV or whatever. We're not talking about anything too private," I say, trying to convince him to stay out here but George just laughs and shakes his head, backing up into his room. 

"No, I do have a lot of work but it was nice seeing you Draco. Hope everything gets sorted, goodnight Iris," George says before closing the door after him. I look back to Draco who wiggles his eyebrows at me repeatedly. I laugh and shake my head at him.