Chapter Eight

"Y/N, go answer the door." Lauren groans, her hands clutching tighter onto my shirt to try to wake me up. The annoying sound of the doorbell ringing through the house was already making my day ten times worse.

"You do it." I mumble out tiredly.

I woke up at four in the morning by Lauren falling into my room from my open window. She said that she watched a scary movie with Camila when they went home last night and she had a nightmare. Camila should've known better than to leave Lauren alone after watching a scary movie. Lauren may act tough but in reality she is like a five year old.

"Zendaya, answer the door." Lauren shouts and I couldn't help but smile when I hear footsteps in Zendaya's room. She's so damn whipped.

"Jesus Christ!" I screech, shooting up into a sitting position when my bedroom door was suddenly flung open. My heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest.

"Oh. No, it's just me." Ally smiles sheepishly. "I'm going to take that as a compliment though."

I run my hand through my hair in frustration. It's too early to deal with Ally, especially on the weekend.

"Why are you here Ally? We only fucked a couple of times so you do know that my vagina doesn't own you, right? You don't have to visit me." I sigh, glancing at Zendaya who was glaring at me from behind Ally. I shuffle away from Lauren but I could still feel Zendaya's glare trained on me.

"Y/N, stop being so rude. God is watching you." Ally scolds me but I just roll my eyes at the shorter girl.

"Really? Did God tell you to spread your legs for me? Is that why you're here? Pray and chill?"

I felt Lauren hit my arm softly but I just ignored her.

"No that's not going to happen." Ally says through gritted teeth causing me to laugh at the anger showing on her face.

"Breakfast is ready!" Aunt Claire thankfully interrupts the conversation before Ally could get the chance to punch me.

"Come on monkey." I coo, tucking a stray hair behind Lauren's ear. She just frowns, her eyes firmly shut, and rolls over. I haul myself up off the bed deciding to let her sleep for a it longer. I brush past the two girls standing at my doorway and make my way downstairs.

As soon as I reach the kitchen the sight of pancakes on the bench blesses me. Aunt Claire hands me a plate of pancakes before shooing me off to sit at the kitchen table. I was freaking starving. I refused to leave my room last night for dinner just in case I happened to cross paths with Dinah. The thought of Dinah actually being the girl that I was texting was bothering me so much. Dinah is going to kill me.

I watch Ally practically bounce into the kitchen with a big grin on her face. She's such a ball of sunshine. I guess that's why I dated her in the first place. She thanked my aunt as she grabbed a plate of pancakes before she hesitantly took a seat next to me. I still have no fucking clue why she was here.

"Your aunt invited me over." Ally stated, not even looking my way as she dug into her food. I just nod, following her lead and started eating.

I nearly choke on my food when Dinah walks into the kitchen with little pajama shorts on, yawning cutely while rubbing her eyes. How could someone look so damn flawless in the morning? Our eyes meet for a split second but she quickly averts her gaze, walking towards Aunt Claire with her head down.

"Where's Zendaya?" Dinah asks no one in particular as she looks around the room.

"Probably waking Lauren up." I reply automatically. Wrong move. As soon as I speak she was glaring at me, looking at me with the bitchiest face that I have ever seen. I shrunk back into my seat, my eyes trained to my lap.

An uncomfortable silence filled up the room which made being in the room almost unbearable. Dinah takes a seat next to me on the other side which just makes me that much more uncomfortable.

"Are you alright?" Ally questions me worriedly, nudging me softly.

"Uh, yeah sure. I have to go and, uh, pray." I mutter, kicking my chair back as I stand up. Ally was about to stand up to come join me but I immediately push her back down into her chair with a small smile. "Alone." She pouts but nods, returning to her food.

I rush upstairs and into my now empty room. Lauren must of gone in Zendaya's room. I sigh out in relief, glad that I was finally away from the awkward tension in the room.

"Y/N?" I tense up at the voice, not needing to turn around to know who it was. Dinah. I hear her close the door, the lock clicking into place before her footsteps made their way towards me. "It's you, isn't it?" She growled out, tugging my arm harshly which effectively turned me around to face her.

"You have to be more specific Dinah? It was me who turned you on?" I tease, smirking smugly when I see that she was getting increasingly annoyed.

"The only thing you can turn on is your phone." She rolled her eyes at me. "You have been texting me this whole time."

I froze at her words. So it was true. I was texting the one and only Dinah fucking Jane and I didn't even know it. I chuckle nervously.

"Uh, I guess?" I squeak out.

"Fucking hell." She groans out, letting go of my arm and shoving me back a few steps.

"It's not a bad thing." I say quietly, biting my lip.

"Not a bad thing? Y/N, you're gay and I'm not. I don't want you falling in love with me. I'm not into that." She scrunched up her face in disgust. I swear I felt my heart drop at her words.

"What has me being gay got to do with anything Dinah? You're my friend!" I frown, stepping closer to her but she just backs away.

"I didn't know who you were. You don't get it Y/N. We," She gestures between us, "will never be friends because you're you and I'm me. Get it through your head."

"We actually got along. You can't deny the fact that we actually developed a friendship." I huff out, pouting slightly.

"That doesn't change the fact that I don't like you."

"But Din-"

"No. Don't text me and stay the fuck away from me." She snarls out, shoving me one last time before storming out of my room and slamming the door shut behind her.

I felt my lip quiver and I have to mentally scold myself. Don't cry Y/N. This was expected.

Of course Dinah wouldn't like someone like me.

xxxxxx

Well, Dinah doesn't like you very much... That went well...Whoops. Comment and vote? xx