Chapter(4)

Skylenn

A bright light shining in my face,wakes me up.Opening one eye at a time,I become aware of my surroundings.I'm not in my room.No,I'm in someone else's room.

The walls are a beige color with maroon stripes.Right across from me is a six-panel window,with a window seat.The curtains are maroon,the pillows on the seat are beige and maroon.

The walls are naked,except for a single picture hanging above a shiny,maroon dresser.It's a family of five,and they look horridly familiar.What I'm guessing is the mother,has curly,black hair,blue eyes, flawles,dark skin,and a slim figure.The father,is an Alpha,I can tell by his stance.It screams out authority.

He's very,very muscular,with blonde hair,blue eyes, and a pale skin tone.They look like polar opposites,while their children are a mash-up of both of them.The tallest,and most likely the oldest child,is a girl.

She resembles her father,her stance is threatening.Her hair is light brown and curly,her eyes are blue,and she's almost the same color as me.

The second child is a boy,and he resembles his mom and dad.He's thin,with blonde curly hair and blue eyes.Even though he's not an Alpha,he stands like one.He can't be older than ten,in this picture, while his sister looks to be about seventeen.He looks like the punk kid who tried to hold me hostage yesterday in that room.

Finally,I shift my gaze to the smallest child.It's another little boy,who looks like his mother. Curly black hair tops his head,dimples dig their way into both his cheeks.Unlike the rest of his family, his eyes are grey,with specks of gold.His caramel skin tone,matches mine perfectly.

If I wasn't still tired, I'd say he was- "Carter." I whisper.Oh my goodness, I'm in Alpha Carter's room,in his bed.I'm on his territory, in his house!Slowly I turn my head to view the figure sleeping next to me,in this large bed.Of course,it's none other than the amazing,Alpha Carter.

I don't notice his arm is around me until the skin on my waist heats up,filling me with electricity.I shudder,oddly pleased by the heat.Turning my attention back to Carter,I run my eyes all over him.His features are softer when he's sleep,he doesn't come off as malevolent as he is.Well,as malevolent as my dad says he is.

He actually looks like a baby.His curls glisten as the sun shines on us,making them look damp.Slowly,I raise my hand up to his face,and trace his features.His almond shaped eyes,full,pink lips,small pudgy nose,and chubby cheeks.I run my fingers through his hair,careful not to wake him.

I could so get used to this..
Well don't, we'll be leaving soon.
Leaving?We just got here!Why would we be leaving?
We both know there's no way we can stay here.
You probably can't, but I could.
That is,if you were an independent being.

My wolf shuts me out,retreating to the corners of my mind.I sigh,and continue playing in Carter's hair.He begins to stir,and I quickly place my hands at my sides.

"Mmm,no.Keep on,that felt good."He mumbles into his pillow.I grin,and busy myself in Carter's hair.His grip on my waist tightens as he pulls me even closer to him.Moving my hands from his hair,I wrap my arms around his neck.Who knew he smelled this good?It's like cinnamon and..I think vanilla.

We let the silence consume us as we just lay there.It must be around noon by now.I've been up for about an hour or so.I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon,and I'm so hungry.On cue,my stomach growls loudly,sounding like a humpback whale.

"You hungry?"Carter's voice sends electricity down my spine,and I blush.

"Yeah"I say,sheepishly.My stomach must have woken him back up.I know I should've eaten more yesterday.Now he's up,and we'll have to deal with the elephant in the room,what are we going to do?

"C'mon,let's go get something to eat."He suggests.Taking my arms away,I allow him to get out of bed.My eyes sweep over his appearance,and my wolf purrs in pleasure.A pair of shorts,that are hanging loosely on his hips,is the only piece of clothing he has on.His toned chest is on full view for my hungry gaze.I bite my lip, to keep myself from drooling,and stare hungrily at him."Skylenn?"

Snapping out of my gaze,I look up at his face to see him smirking."Yeah?"

"Whatcha doing over there?"

Eye-raping you.
I am not! Candy,shut up.
What I do?I'm just being honest..

"I wasn't uh..doing anything.Uhm,let's go eat?"I suggest,trying to cover up my pink cheeks.Chuckling,he walks over to his dresser,digging through one of the drawers and pulling out a black t-shirt.He slips it over his head,and runs a hand through his curls,trying to tame them,but failing.My own curls are in a sloppy bun,at the top of my head.

"Sky.."I smile before untangling myself from the covers,and climbing out of bed.The air attacks the exposed parts of my legs,causing goose bumps to rise.Carter looks at what I'm wearing,which consists of his t-shirt and boxers,and sets his jaw.

"Wear these."Handing me a pair of grey sweats,he smiles at me.I slip the sweats on over his boxers and pull the drawstring, trying to make them fit tighter.

He grins brightly,and grabs my hand,pulling me out the door.We walk hand in hand to an elevator at the end of the hall.I didn't see any elevators yesterday.. He presses a button with a K on it,and the doors close.

A comfortable silence surrounds us as we ride on the elevator.Carter begins rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand as the door opens.

The peaceful state we were trapped in is quickly shattered.It's chaos.Food flies through the air,hitting whatever comes into its path.

People,mostly young adults,run around shouting things at each other.Syrup drips from the kitchen ceiling,and orange juice covers the wooden floors.

"What the..hell?"I whisper,not intending for anyone to hear me.Of course,I've forgotten I'm in a house full of canines who's hearing is completely perfect.Everyone freezes,turns to us,and their eyes go wide.Oh no.