Chapter(8)

Skylenn

"It's been five hours!"Estella screeches, pulling on her hair.

"Maybe they're questioning prisoners?"I suggest,following behind her as she paces back and forth.

Carter and Jaron have been gone for about five hours now.We can't contact them,because Jaron left his phone here,and Carter's is going straight to voicemail.We can't mindlink them,because we're not officially apart of the pack.And plus,they haven't marked us,either.

It's really taking effect on Estella. She's pulled out at least two handfuls of hair,and hasn't eaten yet.Of course,I'm worried,but I know they're still alive.If Carter was dead,I would've felt it by now.Plus,he promised he'd come back to me,and people don't break their promises.

"Questioning prisoners?Do you really think they've spent five hours questioning prisoners?"She whips her head back to look at me,her blue eyes narrowed.

"No."I sigh,"I'm just trying to help you calm down."

"Aren't you worried!"She questions.

"Of course."I admit,"but I know they aren't dead.Just trust me,k?"

"Okay,okay."She inhales deeply,and lets out a steadier breath. "I'm really hungry,let's go out." Wow..her attitude changed quickly.

She makes a move towards the door,but I stop her. "I don't think Carter wants us leaving the house.We could just make some pancakes?" I'm sure Carter would freak if he knew I left the safety of Estella's house.

"I don't think Carter wants us leaving the house."Estella attempts to mimick me,raising her voice a few octaves.She rolls her eyes at me,and I raise an eyebrow at her.What in the goddess is wrong with her?

"I'm just saying.If we leave,there's a chance we could be attacked."I argue.

"Oh my goddess,Sky.We won't get hurt!The rogues are attacking the Blue Blood pack,not the Midnight pack.We'll be fine."She grabs my arm,pulling me towards the door.

"But-"

"No buts.I'm starving,c'mon."She grabs her stomach with her empty hand,and frowns.

"Okay."I sigh.

"Wait!"She yells.

"Wait,what?"

"We can't go out looking like,this."She scrunches up her nose,and motions at our outfits.I'm still wearing Carter's shirt,and sweatpants.However,I don't have on any shoes.Weird.

It looks like Estella is wearing Jaron's shorts,and his shirt.

"Why not?"I whine. "I like the way his clothes smell."

"Oh goddess."She mutters. "You look like a drug addict,who just got out of rehab."

"I do not! If you want me to change so much,then I will."She smirks,and turns to go upstairs.Reluctantly,I trudge up the stairs behind her.

"Here,you can wear this."She throws a pink piece of fabric at me,hitting me in the face.I hold it out in front of me,to inspect it.It's a simple,pink vneck,with the words,I Really Don't Care,written in black.

I take off Carter's over sized shirt,and slip on Estella's.It fits just right,hugging onto my upper body,nicely.

"Wait!"I yell,stopping Estella from throwing a pair of pants at me.