Grace

Authors note: This chapter isn't going to be the best because its mainly just an introduction to Grace. I really hope you enjoy it though :) - Amber 

Tonight is graduation, the night I have been waiting on for so long. I'm ready for a change and this is exactly what I need. I'm tired of living this boring life and it's time to make a move and find something different for my life. I have the best of friends, I make good grades, have an amazing mother who does her best to give me everything I need which is nothing to complain about but change is good.

"Grace?" Mom says walking into my room

"Yes."

"You're father called earlier saying he isn't going to be able to make it tonight, but wishes you the best of luck."

'Of course not, he hasn't even tried to visit me in 4 years and hardly makes the attempt to call' I think not daring to say it to my mother.

"Okay."

My father left when I was 14,  he had a horrible drinking problem and he cheated on my mother for almost 3 years before my mom found out.  He left as soon as she confronted him and hasn't seen me since then. He remarried right after their divorce was finalized and now has 2 step children. 

I walk over to my closet pulling out dress and heels for graduation tonight and begin applying some foundation, mascara, blush and a little lip gloss then curl my hair.

"Grace time to go!" I hear my mom shout from downstairs grabbing my purse and heading to meet her

"Oh you look beautiful!"

"Thanks mom, lets go I don't wanna be late."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Freedom at last, 2 days and ill be moving out and into my new apartment.'  I think to myself as we drive to the restaurant for my graduation party.

Me and my best friend Lena are having out parties together at one of the fanciest restaurants in town, we've known each other since 2nd grade and thought it would only be fair to spend our last high school memory together. 

*2 hours pass at the party and everyone starts to leave*

'I can't wait to get home and go to sleep so I can wake up early and begin packing up my things' I think so myself.

Authors note: Thank you for reading! When i get 8 likes and 2 comments I will post the next chapter. I promise the next few chapters will be much better and filled with details about the actual story line. Sorry this one was kinda boring but I wanted to have an introduction about Graces life. :)x