Chapter 15: Back Home

SUMMER! FINALLY UPDATED!!! SORRY FOR THE WAIT!

i worked hard and overcame my writer's block :) Sorry it is short and unedited, but I guarantee you it will only get better from here :)

ENJOY! VOTE AND COMMENT! :)

~~~

Chapter 15: Back Home

Emmarose’s P.O.V.

Running into the living room, I plopped myself onto the fluffy, white couch, settling down with the lads. The first week of adjusting to this new, foreign lifestyle of luxury was somewhat awkward and unusual, but I soon settled in and became accustomed to this regular lifestyle. The boys were very accepting and treated me like one of them. They were so fun to be around and so carefree it was hard to believe they were actually international pop stars.

“What are you guys watching?” I asked as I sat down between Liam and Niall.

“Football.” They simply replied, their eyes still glued on the T.V. before them.

I tried to focus on the football game like the guys were, but after a while, my attention was focused on the blank walls beyond the T.V.

Staring off into space, the sound of the doorbell resounded throughout the house. Eager to have an excuse to do something- anything- else, I yelled, “I got it!” while Harry rose out of his position on the couch. Opening the door with Harry behind me, I was greeted by the unfamiliar faces of two men, wearing police uniforms and holding badges out in their hands.

“I’m Dharyl Coleman, F.B.I. agent.” The taller and darker skinned cop said before putting his badge back into his pocket. “We are looking for Emmarose Fuller.”

“I am she.” I replied, worried and confused as to why they were here looking for me. Then my worst fears that I had been putting off ever since I got here came back to haunt me. Was Carla back?

“Is there something I can help you with, officers?” Harry filled in for me, noticing my sudden shock and discomfort as I stood frozen and speechless in my place.

“We would like to take Emmarose to her former house to investigate the crime scene, and we must take her back to the police station to interrogate her.” The other officer said, looking at both of us sternly.

“I- I,” I stuttered before I composed myself and found my voice, “Yes, officers. I’ll follow you.”

As I stepped out of the house, following the officers to their black SUV, Harry followed me out. “Why are you coming?” I asked. He was not obliged to come, and besides, I should not drag him with me. I was enough baggage on my own.

“I want to make sure you’re safe.” He said, shutting the door.

“Are you sure?” I hesitantly asked. I did not object, feeling better that I had some company and that my company was Harry.

“Yeah, of course.” He replied, slowly shoving me to the two awaiting cops.

We got into the car and they drove off toward my home that possessed both happy and bitter memories of my haunting past.

The car ride was silent. Harry and I stole glances from each other, not knowing what to say or do. The officer who was driving was focused on the road, and his colleague perused some confidential files.

Turning the corner, the familiarity of the street hit me hard as I felt a pang of sadness hit me hard. The trees all looked the same, and the houses were all painted the same color. Everything felt right, but I knew in my heart nothing was right and nothing was ever going to be the way it was before.