Chapter 12

**Dress on the left is Tessa's, dress on the right is Carly's**

The next morning me and Carly were so excited for the carnival! We got up extra early to pick out our outfits. It took three hours before we finally found the dress we both decided to wear. Mine was floral at the top and black at the bottom, I wore black flats to match it. Carly's was a variety of colors and it was open towards the upper part of her back. She looked stunning in it, she wore black open toed flats. I decided to curl my hair and wear a flower crown, I put a bit of eyeshadow on, and a couple extra swipes of mascara on than I normally did, and I did winged eyeliner at the top of my eye lid. Carly, made beach curls and put a pearl beaded headband on, then she put a couple swipes of mascara and light pink lipstick on,
and we were both ready. We both looked at each other and said "Wow, my best friend is beautiful" then both of us giggled. Before we knew it, it was already time to go!

Noah was picking Carly up and Jake was picking me up. We're only going as friends. Noah and Carly are going to be the new couple of the school, I was so happy for the both of them. The door bell rang and Carly shouted "I'll get it!" She skipped to the door. "Hey babe" she said pecking him on the lips. "You look absolutely beautiful, princess. Shall we go?" He said smiling. "We shall!" She said "Bye Tess! Love you, see you there!" "Bye! Love you too! Keep it p-g 13" I shouted, they both grinned.

15 minutes later, the door bell rang, "Hey Jake, you look nice" I said honestly. "You look gorgeous, like always, Tessa." I blushed. "Thank you". "I got you something." He said. "Why? You didn't have to." He pulled out a box and handed it to me, I opened it and it was a diamond necklace. "Oh my gosh, Jake it's beautiful! You really didn't have to, thank you." I said. "I know, but I wanted to, a beautiful girl like you deserves something beautiful like this, and friends give friends gifts right?". I nodded. "Turn around". I did as I was told. He clipped the necklace onto my neck. "Ready?" He said. "Ready." I said.

We made our way through the carnival looking for Noah and Carly. There were large crowds and people were pushing and shoving. Jake grabbed onto my hand and we intertwined our fingers so we wouldn't get lost in the crowd. This felt so right. Finally we found them, "hey guys" I said. "Hey" Noah and Carly both replied and she giggled. They both looked down at our hands and twitched their eyebrows. "Large crowd" Jake replied, not letting go. "Still just friends guys" I replied. They nodded, knowing not to push it. "Hey, Jake and Tess?" Carly spoke. "Yeah?" We both said. "Why don't you guys pretend to be a couple for the rest of the day? Just for today though. It'll be fun, come on?" She said. Noah nodded his head "Yeah, why not? There's no harm in trying it." Noah said. I looked up into Jake's eyes and he gave me a look saying, it's up to you. "Deal" I said.
"Really?" Jake said, a little too happy. "Yes, silly" I said smiling. "Where'd you get that necklace?" Carly said. "Jake" I said looking up at him, smiling. "I wanted her to have it" he shrugged. "Aweh!" She screeched.

We were all goofing off and joking around, having fun. We were doing couple activities, and I had to admit it was fun, and it felt so real. I didn't want it to end. We even went and got couple shirts made at the shirt booth. I dragged Jake on rides that he didn't want to go on but he did it just for me, Carly did the same to Noah. Jake and Noah led us to a game where you could win a stuffed animal. They both played the game and won the first try. Jake got me a huge unicorn stuffed animal and I screamed jumping into his arms, and I said "unicorns are my favorite!". I kissed him and he kissed back. I looked at him shocked, "I didn't mean to! I forgot!" I said. "Shh baby girl, we're a couple for today, it's allowed" he said back. I nodded. We went on through the day, riding rides, playing games, and goofing around. When finally, it was almost time to leave. "Let's go on the Ferris wheel" I suggested. They all nodded. "Let's all take a picture kissing" Carley said. I hesitated "okay why not? It won't harm anything" I said. Me and Carly were on the same seat and Noah and Jake were on the other, we leaned across, kissed, and took a picture. Man I didn't want this night to end. Before we left, we had a stranger take a picture of all four of us, we took 20 in total. "Do you guys want to stay the night at my house tonight? My mom is away on business, she won't mind, I'll order a pizza, and we can pick up snacks on the way home, and we can watch movies all night?" I said. "Sounds like a plan" they all said in sync. We all chuckled.