Chapter 11

**Tessa's outfit**

I got up at 5 a.m, hopped in the shower, brushed my teeth, and I kept my hair and makeup natural today. I put on my camouflage jeans, my timberlands, and a belly shirt. I dressed like a thug today.

I drove myself to school today. I walked in and immediately saw Jake. His face lit up, and his mouth fell open. He walked over to me, hooking our arms. "You look hot" he said. "I know" I replied, trying to be cocky. He was all over me and wouldn't leave my side for the rest of the day. The day went by fairly quick. I gave Jake a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek, and left.

I ordered pizza as soon as I got home, and waited for Carly to get here, she's finally coming back from her visit. The door bell rang and I squealed. Opening the door I jumped on Carly making us fall to the ground. "I missed you, I missed you, I missed you so much!" I screamed. "Oh my gosh Tess! I missed you too! I have so much to tell you as well as you do too!" We both ran inside. We caught up for the first few hours.

"So what's going on with you and Jake?" She asked. "Nothing, why?" I gave her a confused look. "Noah told me about lunch and said you guys act and look like you're dating. Jake hasn't touched or talked to another girl since he's taken an interest in you, and that's not normal, and you haven't been talking to me as much. Come on Tess, I'm your best friend, I know when something is going on, just tell me." She said. I sighed and told her everything that's ever went on between us. "Oh my fucking God Tessa!" She screamed. "What?" I said back. "He likes you! And he's also falling for you! And you guys are so cute! And oh my god! I'm so happy for you Tess! Oh my god! We can go on double dates! You and Jake, me and Noah! It'll be perfect! We'll be the couples of the year! Oh my god!" She screamed tackling me in a hug. "Carly, calm down, did you not here a thing I told you? J.U.S.T.F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Just friends. We are not dating, we will never date. He is not falling for me. He doesn't like me. And slow your beans, you and Noah? When did this happen?" She blushed. "I can't believe I forgot to tell you!" She sighed. "That day you gave him my number, he texted me later that night and said "hey it's Noah" and I said "Noah who?" Pretending like I didn't know, he replied "Noah Ackerson, we go to school together" I replied and said "I'm sorry.. It doesn't ring a bell, this is Carly, do you have the right number?" He said "yeah, that's who I was looking for .." And I said "oh, I'm just kidding! I know who you are, Tessa told me she gave you my number, haha sorry, I was bored" he said "haha it's cool" and we went on from there. He is so sweet Tessa, he's nothing like a player, he has a soft side, we talked on the phone for hours that night, I learned about him, he learned about me, we talked about you and Jake. It was just amazing Tess. I really like him and I know, I know, I'm going to be careful and take it slow." She said "Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you Carly! I love you! And I just want the best for you" she hugged me. "Thank you so much Tess, I love you too, the carnival is tomorrow and I was wondering if you and Jake want to come with me and Noah? Please! It'll be so much fun!" "Okay, fine! But just as friends!" I said. "Okay" she said grinning.

For the rest of the night we gossiped and watched movies. I couldn't get Jake out of my mind. I kept thinking about what Carly said "Jake hasn't touched, or talked to another girl since he's taken an interest in you, and that's not normal." "He likes you and he's falling for you" it kept replaying in my head. It was true, what she said, he hasn't spoken to one girl, or even touched one, he turned down sex the other day. Lately, he hasn't even tried having sex with me. Weird. What if Jake did like me? He doesn't. He's not capable of liking anyone. With that, we both went to sleep.