Chapter 13

**Diamond necklace Jake got Tessa (Chapter 12)**

"Pick a theme" I said. "Scary!" They all replied. "You motherfuckers" I said glaring at them. They all burst into laughter because they know how I am with scary movies. I laid out a bunch of scary movies when suddenly the door bell rang. "Pick a movie, I'm going to get the pizza" I said. "Here ma'am, that'll be $15.96" he handed me the two large pepperoni pizzas and I handed him $20.00. "Keep the change" I said. "Thank you" he said walking away. I came back in and set the pizza on the table, walked into the kitchen, grabbed four glasses and brought a 2-liter of both Pepsi and Mountain Dew out and set them on the table as well. "What are we watching?" I said. "The conjuring and then Annabelle!" Carly shouted. "Assholes!" I spat, jokingly. Carly knows that one of my biggest fears were porcelain dolls, oh she's gonna pay for this! "Carly, will you come with me to go grab blankets and pillows? I'm scared to go by myself" I said honestly. "Sure thing!" She said hopping up. We came back down, and Carly grabbed 4 pillows and a blanket and cuddled up next to Noah. I placed the movie in the CD player, pressed play, grabbed 4 pillows and a blanket as well, and cuddled up next to Jake. He smiled and wrapped me into his arms. "Just for tonight! We're still just friends" I said to him "I know" he pouted giving me puppy eyes. "Not gonna work" I said sticking my tongue out playfully.

We sat here watching movies for a few hours, but everyone started getting sleepy, so we decided to play a game. "Never have I ever" taking a shot every time you've done something. This night was just getting started.

"Who's going first?" I asked. "You" Jake said. "Okay then" I said smirking. "Never have I ever.. Kissed a girl." Noah and Jake both took a shot. "Your turn" I said to Jake. "Never have I ever.. Sucked dick" Carly took a shot. "You've never sucked dick?" Jake said to me. "Nope." I replied. "Never have I ever gotten high" Noah said. Me, Carly and Jake took a shot. "Never have I ever cheated" Carly said. Jake took a shot. "Never have I ever been loved back by someone who I loved with all of my heart." I said. Everyone but Noah took a shot. "Never have I ever wanted to be with someone so badly in my life, other than one person." We all took a shot. "Never have I ever been in love" Noah said. Carly, Noah, and I all took a shot.

"Truth or dare?" Carly asked me. "Truth" I answered. "Is it true that you like Jake more than a friend" she asked. "Yes, but we'll never be more than friends." I stated. "Why not Tessa?" Carly shouted. "Why not? Why not? Maybe because I don't want to get hurt Carly! Do you remember what happened last time? Huh? It happened the same god damn way! I'm protecting myself, okay? Why should I let myself fall in love, give my body up, and get left behind again, huh? Is that what you want me to do? Do you want me to be broken again Carly? Do you really? Because I don't want to have to go through that again! He's a player! I won't get hurt again!" I screamed, tears threatening to spill. Her face fell. "How do you know? How do you know unless you try? You won't know. God dammit Tess! I've seen you turn down great guys to protect yourself! And this time is a mistake! He likes you Tess! He truly likes you for you! What other guy has stuck around you after you treated them like shit? What other guy has stuck by your side after you showed them you liked them and then changed your mind the next day? What other guy has been there for you through everything and not leave? What guy has sat by your side, falling in love with you while you turn him down and tell him you just want to be friends? What other guys has treated you so great, knowing that you guys are just friends? What other guy stayed faithful to you even though you guys are just friends? What other guy Tess? NONE! Now stop being stupid! You are making a mistake!" She shouted now crying. "Just leave! All of you!" I yelled. "Tessa" Jake said, "what?" I snapped. "I'll leave you alone like you always tell me to, okay? I'm sorry I've caused you all of this pain, I didn't do it intentionally. This is the last you will hear from me, goodbye Tessa." With that being said, he left and so did the others.

I was crying for hours, and before I knew it, I was sound asleep.