Chapter 2: Equals

I woke up to my annoying little brother hitting me in the face with a pillow. What a lovely thing to wake up to.

"What do you want Alex?" I groaned.

"Mom transferred us to an elite boarding school so we have to pack. We start normal classes tomorrow if we pass the entry test today. So GET YOUR A-"

"Okay, two things. One don't yell. Two WATCH YOUR MOUTH!" I yelled at him as I pinched his nose.

"Hey! Don't yell remember?" He said with a weird voice because I was pinching his nose. Hey this is kind of fun. Oh I know!

"Say uncle."

"What? No! I'm not gonna-" I started pinching harder," ow ow ow owwwww! OK! UNCLE!" he screamed. I let go after a few more seconds of torment.

"Ow. You're such a b-"

"Love you too!" I said before he could finish.

He trudged out the door holding his nose. I got up and started packing.

~ Time Skip ~

Okay this place is huge. It looks exactly like the place in my dreams. Hmm. Weird.

I poked my brother and started to get out of the cab. When I got out there were some people getting my bags out of the cab and taking them into one of the six dorms. Wow.

Suddenly someone came up to me and told me that the 'headmaster' would like to see us once we get settled in today. Okay first who uses the term headmaster anymore?
Second what is so important that can't wait for tomorrow? My brother just kept rambling on about the school and yatta yatta ya. I reached into my hoodie and pushed the on button on my phone that I entreated my mom into buying, so I could keep in touch with her at my new school.

DANGIT! No freaking BARS! Eh. Screw it. I thought to myself. I shoved my phone back into my pocket as we made our way to where the guy told me to go. I pulled my brother along as he stared after some girl his age that looked fine.

"Hey, cupid's boy! Your nose is bleeding," I joked.

"Screw you, and don't call me that!" He said.

I remembered when he read that book about Greek myths and legends and wanted to be the son of cupid, so he could make this chick three years older than him ask him out. It was funny because he was in second grade.

We walked into this huge building, then turned to the right twice, then turned left, up a spiral staircase, and went to the first door on the right. I DID IT! SCREW YOU GEOGRAPHY! I GOT DIS! I was never good at directions. In fact I would get lost all the time until recently I just have this like....instinct on where to go.

"Um, my name is Satin and this is my little brother Alex. We were told to come meet you uh..... sir," I said unsure of what to call him because I had this weird voice in my mind urging me to make sure I didn't call him anything that would allow him dominance. It kept saying 'I am nothing less than your equal'.