Chapter 6: Yuki

I woke up on my bed with the covers kicked off. I slowly started to sit up when I heard a loud snore come from the corner of my room. I glanced over and saw Gabriel sleeping in a chair. I slowly stood up and stretched. Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. There was a neon note on the mirror by my laid out uniform. I walked over to it and it read:

Miss Morgan, you will be educated in everything that your fellow classmates have already covered. This education will take place within the month. I regret to inform you that you and Mr. Morgan will be separated during your training to avoid distraction.
Dr. Thomas has informed me that you are well and rested enough to start today. I will cut you some slack today since it is your first day. You are required to meet me on the training grounds at eleven sharp.
-Mrs. Lovlok

I looked up and saw my Snow White hair and Gabriel sitting in the back of the room asleep. It wasn't a dream. I picked up my uniform then quietly tiptoed to the bathroom. I changed into the uniform. I felt so different. I felt like I was partially living on instinct.I did my usual hygienic routine and nearly fainted when I began to brush my teeth, but I quickly recovered. I took a glance at the clock hanging on the wall of the gigantic bathroom. Nine thirty, not bad I can get some breakfast then walk around until it is time for us to meet.

I walked back into my room then froze. Gabriel was gone and the chair was knocked over. I cautiously walked over to the sitting area and listened before I entered. I heard nothing at first, but what I thought was nothing began to make itself out. Is that...... Growling? I decided to take a chance and I glanced around the door way. I saw a humongous dog standing on Gabriel, growling at him.

As soon as I walked in the door, the animal looked up at me. Its ears went up and it wagged its tail. Master! This man was intruding on your home. I caught him though! She, I assume since its voice sounded like a little girl, said as she started wagging her tail with her tongue lolling put of her mouth. When I did not reply she stopped wagging her tail, closed her mouth, and cocked her head with those sad puppy dog eyes. Master? Did I do something wrong? She said as she tucked her tail between her legs then slunk over to me. She started to sniffle and cry as she kept asking me questions about what she could have done wrong.

I broke out of my paralysis, and I reached my hand down and rubbed her head. I got down on my knees then hugged her big furry body. Now that I've had a closer look at her, I could tell that she was a wolf probably an arctic wolf because she had thick white fur. She was still gigantic. She was big enough to where I could ride her. She came up all the way to my belly button.

I noticed Gabriel in the corner standing up again with a dagger. The wolf turned then saw Gabriel. Her ears flattened and she bared her teeth as her fur stuck up, her tail was straight out, and she let out a menacing growl.

Don't hurt my momma! She said. I then put two and two together and realized that Gabriel couldn't hear her.

"Gabriel put down the knife. She is just protecting me," I said.

"But that is impossible. That is a dire wolf. A malicious beast who doesn't feel and kills on a whim."

"Okay then. Um... wolf stop growling please then Gabriel put the knife away. Okay?"

As soon as the words left my mouth, the wolf did what I had said, and Gabriel complied.

Luna, my name is Yuki.