Chapter 4: B-Day Present!

I woke up to Pinkie jumping on me. I pushed with my feet at her. As I pushed, I heard a thump at the foot of my bed.

        Suddenly Pinkie jumped up and went to the foot of my bed and slid off.

         "Oh! What's this thing?" I heard her say. She came over to me and made me sit up and sat down the present I was supposed to open yesterday.

I felt weird.... Different...... Oh ya. It was my birthday yesterday. Hmm. Usually I would have remembered something like that. Now I'm 17.

         According to the files, at seventeen is when all the 'misfits' start changing after being initiated without them even knowing it. Apparently everyone is marked. Of course I don't believe this.

        Pinkie nudged the present snapping me back into reality. I pulled the little red ribbon bow off the gift then ripped into the wrapping paper and found a wooden box with a carving in it of what looked like a war between....demons.

        I opened it and found five small figurines. I picked a white wolf up then suddenly the texture and temperature went from cold and smooth to warm and....furry? I opened my palm, sat the little thing on my palm and watched as it became real. It shook its fur and sat down looking at me.

"Well? Don't hide it behind the cover. What'd you get?" Pinkie asked.

       I sat the little wolf down into the box and watched as it layed down and turned back into the ceramic figurine it was before. Wow. Must be some good tech.

      Pinkie scooted closer so she could see and then she handed me a card attached to the red bow. She took the box from me. I opened the little card which held $20 and a little cheesy poem from "Satan", which had to be a prank because first Satan isn't real and second if he was he isn't my dad, who died in Iraq when I was a year old. I looked at the clock beside my bed which read 7:45 A.M. I groaned as I got up and started getting ready. I sat the card in the box, closed it, and took it from Pinkie. I grabbed my suitcase and started looking for some clothes to wear.

      "Yah, your uniform  for today is on a mannequin in the dressing room which is connected to the bathroom, and all of your stuff is in the sitting room by the front door. Well I should probably let you get ready. So.... can you have Ash show me around?" She faded her words out gradually as she asked for Ash.

      I shrugged and called Ash to show her around, and, again, "Ash" had to be some high tech hologram or something like that. I jumped off my bed and fell to my knees. I started dry heaving since I hadn't ate anything my stomach was empty. In between heaves I screamed out for Pinkie. "Help," heave, "me."

      I felt strong hands lift me up and set me on my bed with a trash can. Pinkie stood in the door way and then her eyes went wide. "I'll go get Dr. T! Er, Ash get Dr. T here ASAP!" she said. Just like that Ash was gone and back within the next few minutes which seemed like forever. I man in a white lab coat came into the room with a black suitcase. He started doing the usual doctor thing, and then looked at Pinkie.

      "She is just starting her first shift into her new form. Don't worry. She'll be fine. Go ahead and ask Gabriel to watch her. Well, I'm not needed anymore so if something begins to happen just call me. Okay?" he said then left. I decided if I went to sleep I could make all the pain and hurting stop.