Chapter 8

"Are you sure you're okay?"
"I'm fine Fox." Alex insisted and shooed the man away so that the man can catch up with his other friends from the other units. Alex sat on his bed that was pushed into the room, in the very corner and in the shadows. He had flicked the light switch off before settling down on his bed again to meditate. It's not going to be so bad... Maybe. I don't know... I shouldn't get too attached. Pshhh. Who am I kidding. No one likes me. Why am I so negative? Alex sighed and tried to clear his thoughts. It was the few times after he was told he had cancer that he was freaking out and has no clue what to do. He has already been through that train of thoughts many times and gotten to the same conclusions but he can still manage to freak himself out, not that he would ever have reacted physically. Unless I finally snap one day...
************
(Time skip - one month since Alex has been in BB)
Viper and Snake was the first ones to notice, well... Being a medic, it's kinda their job to be observant of other people's health. They noticed, but didn't do anything, not that the boy would even tell them what was wrong.
Alex was getting paler and paler by the day. There was this one time where he got coughing fits, he didn't even showed any signs of stopping and Snake thought he was going to die from lack of oxygen but the boy didn't want his help. Apparently. He brushed Snake off and pretended it was nothing and that he just choked. That's all. They could all tell something wasn't right. Something he was hiding and wouldn't tell. He made it seem like if the secret got out he was going to die. Actually... He is going to die whether the secret got out or not. It did not matter. He has gone through so long without any form of treatment, just made himself worse by the day with all the extreme strenuous exercise/ahem torture ahem/activities. It has taken a toll on him physically and mentally. He doesn't know how long he has but he can feel that he doesn't have long.
Alex distanced himself from everyone and made himself invisible. No one seemed to realise he was there unless he made himself known which is very very rare. He only made himself known when contributing an idea to solve a problem which was smack bam in their faces and made them look like idiots for not figuring that out. Subsequently, he knew. He knew Ben, his guardian, also forgot. Forgot he was his guardian.
Alex had endured relentless cruel bullying from them all. He didn't belong there, he won't be there for long.