7 Years Bad Luck

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Ugh," I groan, "morning already," I say whilst pressing the stop button on my alarm clock. I pull myself out of bed, grab some clothes from my wardrobe and go into the bathroom to shower.

Dressed I turn to the mirror to whilst picking up my toothbrush but somethings different when I move my reflection isn't copying me straight away it's like it's delayed. Uncomfortably, I turn away from the mirror an grab the toothpaste, I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror and somethings definitely wrong, the image is darkening, my light brown hair turning black as darkest night, my eyes becoming the colour of coal as though the pupil were expanding, my skin going from a healthy peach to sickly grey. Suddenly, my reflections arm is raised and it's pressing it's hand against the glass. I stare in horrified fasination knowing that this isn't a dream it's far too real and eventually after showing little resistance the glass of the mirror pushes outwards in a powerful spray, peppering my skin with the shards like little bullets causing spots of blood to appear on my arms with the warmth of summer rain. And then the hand darts out and closes it's filthy black nails around my arm with a vicious tightness, before pulling me towards it with twice as much strength as I could ever muster.

Now I'm on the other side. And it's bloody terrifying.