The Fear Scape

I fall through the hole where the mirror used to be, collapsing in a pile on the floor of a bathroom that looks very similar to my own. Scratch that it's exactly the same but the walls are cracked, the tiles smashed, the sink and bath filthy and encrusted with a substance disturbingly similar to dried blood. Slowly, I push myself up on aching limbs and begin to look for my reflection, it's not until I turn around that I see the mirror has been replaced on this side and then I spot it and my insides turn cold, the blood in my veins transforming to ice.

It's in my world and I'm trapped on this side. Eventually I manage to calm down, beraly containing the tears fighting to escape the prison of my eyes. I decide to look around, get my bearings anythings better than waiting here watching it. I pull open the door and enter a hallway that I know and decide to just leave rather than putting myself through the pain of seeing broken, splintered memories.

I exit through the front door and find myself in a completely different world, none of it even seems possible. It's just a vast expanse of nothing that seems to go on forever, it feels like it belongs in the books that I used to read as a child or a nightmare but I know it's real somehow in some way this is now reality for me.