~Chapter 3.~

It was the brown hair, brown eyed boy that I saw at the store earlier.. He was here. 

A coincidence.

That's what I called it. I mean, it could have been fate, but a coincidence seemed much more likely. 

"Hey!" He said, snapping me out of my crazy little day dream.

"Hi!" I say, smiling. 

"I didn't expect you to be here."

"Yeah, me either!? I laughed, and he joined in. He sat down next to me on the bench.

"I hope you don't mind me sitting here."

"No, not at all." 

"Cool.. So.. Something has been bothering me since we met earlier." 

"And what is that?" I ask, curious.

"What's your name?"

"Daniella, or Ella for short." He smiled. "What's yours?"

"Jc." 

"Oh, well, nice to meet you Jc!" I say. He stuck his hand out for me to shake, and I gladly shook it. 

"Nice to meet you too!" He smiled again. I just realized how perfect his smile is.. How his plump pink lips spread across his perfectly straight, white teeth. I looked into his gorgeous brown eyes, that shone in the fading daylight. His dark hair, that flipped perfectly around his face from under his snapback. I took in every little detail, like the ripple in his biceps, how the veins poked out of his arms and hands.  

"So, is that your little brother?" He snapped me out of my creepy little study of him.

"Oh, no, I'm babysitting." 

"Oh." He says.

"Are they your siblings?'

"Yeah! The small girl is Ava, the other girl is Jaylen, and the boy is Joe-Felix."

"Yeah, I know! You called their names when they ran away from you." I laugh.

"Oh.. Right.. Sorry." He says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay!" I say laughing again. He looks up at me, smiling. I smile back and I check the time. 

"Hey Tommy!" I call standing up. I reach my hand out and help Jc up too. He runs over to me, along with Joe, Ava, and Jaylyn. 

"Yeah Dani?" 

"Are you ready to go? It's gonna be getting dark in few minutes."

"Awww! No! Can we stay 5 more minute please?" All of a sudden, there was a chorus of 'please?!' and 'can we?!'. Jc even joined in. I laughed and gave in, watching the youngsters run off and continue playing. 

"Thank you!" Jc says.

"Why are you thanking me?" 

"Oh.. Nevermind.." 

"Jccccccc, why did you thank me?" I spent the next 2 or 3 minutes wondering why he had thanked me, and why he wouldn't tell me. 

"Okay.. Do you wanna know why?" He said, turning to look at me.

"Well, that's kind of why I spent the last 3 minutes asking."

"No need to get sassy." I laugh while he takes a breath. "I wanted to you to stay a little longer so I could work up the courage to ask you what your number is." 

"Oh.." I say.

"Yeah.."  He rubs the back of his neck again. I grab his phone from his pocket and hand it to him. 

"Unlock it and I'll put my number in it." He nods and hands it to me a few seconds later. I go to the contacts and add my name and number, then hand it back. He looks at the screen as I say "There ya go!" 

"I'm gonna text you, to make sure it isn't a fake number." He says laughing as he types in his phone. A few seconds later, I get a little message notification. I reply back and say "See? It's not a fake." We both laugh and call for the kids. They hurry over and we all say our goodbyes. 

"I'll text you later, okay?" Jc says.

"Alright, I'll reply." I say laughing. 

"Alright, bye!" He says waving. I wave back and walk home with Tommy telling me about his new friends.