Chapter 7- Almost Meet Time!

Well it's been 4 weeks. 4 whole weeks without my Caleb. 4 weeks since I've seen his bright smile. 4 weeks since we have had our last brother-sister moment. And everything has gone back to normal. But it hasn't. I sigh. Why is life so short. Mom has been uploading videos and Halloween is just around the corner. I'm going to be a baseball player. With the number seven. I've decided to be a girl version of my brother. Which is basically myself. Ok I will be myself. What am I saying. I look at my purple wall clock I put up a few days ago. 7:30 am. Whoops I need to get ready for gym! I have a meet in a few days as well. Oh geez I'm so not ready. I throw off my purple floral blanket, get up, and quickly open up my  light purple curtains. Yeah, I like purple.
"Good morning world! Time to celebrate life!" I take a deep breath and go to my gym clothes section of my closet. So basically the majority is gym clothes. Mainly purple. I pick out a shiny purple Leo with black and blue tie dye Nike pros. I take two chunks of hair, half way French braid them, the. Put all of my hair in a high pony tail using MANY Pins, and my aqua scrunchy. I put on my ankle cushion that my doctor wanted me to wear after spraining my ankle last year.  I grab my bag and jacket and I'm ready to go. Annie and I are both going to the same gym today so we can practice where we are competing soon.
"Come on Annie! We've gotta go!" I say.
"Wahght igh eght breghfasg" she says with her mouth full of food.
"Don't talk with your mouth full!" I tease.
"Coming!" She finishes and puts her bowl in the sink. She grabs her bag and starts walking when she stops because something caught her eye.
"Hey Annie" I say softly. She starts tearing up.
"I I I'm sorry it's just. Caleb." She starts crying. I look at the picture of our brother.
"I know Annie. I know. He would want us to be happy." I say giving her a hug.
"Now, we must do good at practice. For Caleb." She nods and we walk to the heated car, because it is very cold out.
"Well you two took long enough!" Mom says. "We have to go pick up Lia and Katie!"
I sit in the middle of Annie and Hayley so I can hug them both. It doesn't feel complete without one of us in the back. A few minutes into the drive I notice how gloomy everything was. Being my self and wanting to try to fill in Caleb's missing joy I try to cheer it up.
"Hey guys. How about a good car game?" I say with a big grin.
"Callie they are all so old! We need new ones." Annie says.
"Well, when I was with Bella we played score. Whenever you see a hello car you say score. If two people say score at the same time, then whoever touches the roof first wins the point. At the end of the car ride we tally up the points and whoever has the most wins!" I explain.
"Okay that sounds fun!"

We play the game all the way to gym which took a good 35 minutes with all the traffic. We annoy the heck out of our parents! We walk into the gym and see how big it is.
"Callie! Annie!" All the coral and Aqua girls yell. We all group hug which is what we do every time we walk into the gym. Plus yesterday I had to get my heart checked again because they weren't sure if mine was completely okay.
"Oh my god Callie. Is your heart okay?" Bella says frantically.
"Well we haven't gotten the results back. And I'm really scared." She hugs me again and we decide to go practice.

My all time favorite gymnastics event is floor. My music is "Girl On the Flying Trapeze" From Pee Wee.  It's a little old time jazzy but I still love it. It's my turn to practice on the floor and I'm nervous that I'm going to mess up. I haven't been able to practice for too long since we heard about my heart. I've been to five doctor appointments in the past week and I'm really starting to get nervous. They said we shouldn't be nervous since we don't have answers yet but it's hard to think that I could have the same condition as Caleb had.
I get in my first pose and wait for the music to start. Skill after skill I'm amazed that I am actually preforming well for the lack of practice I've had. I get ready for my ending pass. The hardest one. I stick the landing without loosing my balance, Now let's just see if I can do what I just did in the meet coming up.