A Strange Day's Night

Oh my God, you guys. How did I forget to tell you about this?

As most of you know, I live in the wonderful country that is New Zealand. The Beatles came here once and never came back - but the people here have never forgotten that momentous week and a half when they were here.

To mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles 1964 NZ tour, a special concert was arranged last year. All of the big names in Kiwi music were to perform at the Auckland Town Hall - WHERE THE ACTUAL BEATLES PLAYED FIFTY YEARS AGO. My mum gave me a ticket to ride (haha!) and we went to the concert together.

It was PHENOMENAL. The real Beatles weren't playing, but it was just as good to know that they HAD played their once upon a time. There were so many amazing artists, including my mum's favourite singers Jason Kerrison and Jordan Luck. (I've never seen my mum fangirl so much before.)

During the halftime show, there was a special exhibition downstairs in the foyer. It was collection of photos RINGO STARR HIMSELF had taken while they were on tour in New Zealand! I practically had a heart attack looking at these photos - RINGO had taken them and here they were, right in front of me. (My mum even got a photo of me standing next to this massive picture of Paul McCartney.)

So the photo I've posted here is from that glorious evening from 2014.

It's just a little reminder of what happened back in 1964.

The Beatles came to New Zealand.

Nothing was ever going to be the same again.