Band #19

Okay, I haven't met anyone who knows this band yet, but they're called The Used and they're amazing!! One of their awesome songs called "Pretty Handsome Awkward" was in one of the Transformer movies I think...(correct me if in wrong).

Bert McCracken- Lead vocals
Quinn Allman- Lead guitar
Jeph Howard- Bass
Dan Whitesides- Drums

Years Active- 2001-present

Origin- Orem, Utah, US

Genre- post-hardcore, alternative rock

Brandon Steineckert, Quinn Allman and Jeph Howard had music already prepared, but they didn't have lyrics and required a vocalist. They met Bert McCracken and Brandon split away from them shortly after. Later finding Dab Whitesides as the perfect drummer, the band started recording songs and releasing albums.

Did you know?:

•Bert McCracken's ex-girlfriend died of a drug overdose while pregnant with his child. The band made their second studio album In Love and Death as a reference to the tragedy.

•The band name was inspired by the time when the members spent all their money on equipment and became homeless and suffered from poverty and substance abuse and panhandling for change in order to buy food. They described it as feeling used by their own dreams. But look at where they are now!! They're truly amazing!! :-)