Band #29

Coldplay! My sisters teacher (who's a third grade teacher) loves Coldplay and she plays it sometimes while the kids are doing schoolwork. So one day when my sister comes home humming a Coldplay song I was so happy. She hates all the bands I like except for this one so yeah.

Chris Martin- Lead vocals, acoustic guitar, keyboards
Jonny Buckland- Lead guitar, backing vocals, harmonica
Guy Berryman- Bass, backing vocals
Will Champion- Drums, backing vocals

Years Active- 1996-present

Origin- London, England, UK

Genre- piano rock, alternative rock, post- Britpop, pop rock, pop

Vocalist Chris Martin and guitarist Jonny Buckland met at University College London. After they formed under the name Pectoralz, Guy Berryman joined the group as bassist and they changed their name to Starfish. Drummer Will Champion joined shortly after, completing the line-up, and the band renamed themselves to Coldplay in 1998.

Did you know?:

•Coldplay's "Atlas" was featured on the soundtrack for the film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire  

•After a near-break-up moment, the band wasn't really talking to each other an their music didn't sound like it used to. Will Champion was briefly fired from the band after countless arguments and Chris Martin went on a drinking binge due to his guilt. They eventually all got back together and sorted out rules, and they were determined to keep this rule, that they would fire anyone who used hard drugs. That's so responsible!!