Chapter Nine

MAY 24 2015 TIME- 9:14 A.M.

Dear diary,

I just woke up, and I am expected to go to Jared's to hang out with him for a bit. I am actually a bit nervous because when I told Brett about my plans to go over to Jared's, he didn't seem so fond of the idea. He actually said, and I quote "If you go over there, I will not hesitate to exchange a few words with him.". Oh, that scared me half to death. Brett is starting to get more possessive by the second.

I am still going to go. I owe it to Jared to hang out with him. I will write to you after I get hom from Jared's place. Goodbye, my diary..

SAME DAY TIME- 4:46 P.M.

Dear diary,

So, I just got Brett out of my house. It's a long story. I will start when I got to Jared's house.

I pulled into Jared's drive, and he was sitting outside already waiting for me. Once he say my car he grinned a rare grin. I walked up his porch and he hugged me. We walked into his home. It was oddly clean.

Jared's parents were drunks and drug addicts. They never cleaned, and Jared always stayed at his friends home. Then, I felt something brush against my legs. I screeched and jumped into Jared's arms. I look down, and I see a fluff ball of a creature. It was a kitten.

"Are you scared of kittens?" Jared chuckled at me. "No, I just didn't know you had a kitten." I said, getting off of Jared, blushing lightly with embarrasment. "I bought him a day after prom. I was going to give it to you.. then..." His voice trailed off.

I decided to take his mind off of the fake kidnapping story. "Does he have a name?" I asked. "Reno." Jared answered as I picked up the grey and black kitten. He purred and snuggled into my chest. "That's a cute name for a cute kitten. Where are your parents?" I asked, looking around for a trace of them.

"They got arrested. No one is bailing them out this time. And let me tell you, I've never been happier. I have had loads of stress lifted from my shoulders. I don't have to live at my friends' houses anymore. I can also bring girls around for the first time." He smiled, leaning into me.

I then got the impression that Jared thought that this was a date. So, I did the one thing girls do best. I friend zoned him.

"Have you brought any girls around yet?" I asked. "I have one over right now." He grinned and winked. "Oh, is she in the closet, because that is no way to treat a lady." I said with the straightest face. Jared groaned with frustration. "You're over, so I do have a girl over here." He grabbed my waist and swayed me around back and forth slowly.

Then, I got a text. It was from Brett...

Brett-

Are you home..?

Me-

Yes.

Brett-

Really? Because I am in your room, and you aren't here. Your parents aren't here either..

Me-

Why are you in my room? That's creepy, you know..?

Brett-

Why did you lie? You're with Jared, aren't you..?

I didn't answer. That message from Brett was super creepy and stalker-ish. "Hey, hey are you okay? I didn't mean to come on too strong." Jared frowned and looked at me good. "Yeah, I am fine." I lied. "Are you sure. Melody, your pale. Come sit down on my bed." Brett said, leading me and the kitten to his room, and he laid me down on his bed.