Chapter 7

Bigby, (Y/n), and Snow emerged from the cell, tension heavy in the air as they climbed the stairs.

"What the hell was going on down there, Bigby?" (Y/n) demanded.

"I thought you were dead, (Y/n)," Bigby replied, his voice tinged with sorrow.

"And that makes it okay?" She fixed him with a hard glare. Bigby looked away, unable to meet her eyes. (Y/n) sighed, rubbing her temple as Snow placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I hope it was worth your time."

(Y/n) headed towards the elevator. Bigby made a move to reach out to her, but Snow stopped him with a gentle hand on his arm. They flanked (Y/n) on either side as the elevator doors closed.

"Okay, you're gonna have to explain this, 'cause I'm really not getting it yet," Bigby said, breaking the tense silence.

"After our conversation in the taxi last night, I got a call from Snow about Toad. He said his son found a body." (Y/n) began. "We thought it was Faith at the time."

"I should've been there," Bigby muttered.

"Well, I tried calling the Business Office, but there was no answer." Snow interjected. "All I could find was, (Y/n). So the two of us took care of it."

Snow pressed the button for the second floor, checking her watch. (Y/n) stood with her arms crossed, while Bigby studied her face, wanting to memorize every detail after the scare of thinking she was dead.

"(Y/n)," Bigby said softly to get her attention.

"Yeah?"

"Are–are you going to be okay?" he asked, concerned. "I mean... with all that's happened."

"I'll be fine." She answered quickly. "I just want to get to the bottom of this."

The elevator doors opened to their floor, and they stepped out.

"I just feel like..." She trailed off.

"What is it?" Bigby asks gently.

"I just, feel responsible in a way. She looked just like me!" (Y/n) said anxiously. "And maybe that's why she was killed."

"(Y/n), it's not your fault."

"But she looked just like me. That can't be a coincidence. We just have to find out who did this. And why she was glamoured to look like me. So what's our next move?"

They walked towards the Business Office of the Woodlands.

"We just keep doing what we've been doing. We do our jobs."

(Y/n) frowned, stopping short of the door. Snow, sensing another argument, slipped inside to avoid the confrontation.

"And I'm supposed to do what? Sit around the Business Office making magic and other spells? Waiting for the Big Bad Wolf to solve all my problems?" (Y/n) asked, her frustration evident.

"It's too dangerous out there," Bigby told her sternly.

"Too dangerous?! Bigby–" She stopped herself, taking a deep breath to calm down. "I'm not just going to be a witch anymore! Or be an extra errand girl for Crane!"

"I just want you to be careful. I almost lost you once-"

"I'm not yours to lose!" she shouted, cutting him off. Bigby's face fell, a look of deep sadness crossing his features. (Y/n) softened slightly, guilt creeping into her expression. She turned to the door, her hand on the handle, looking down. "I'm sorry. I know it's dangerous but I'm not helpless. I can take care of myself. I've been doing it for centuries."