Chapter 1

Another day of hell in high school. Good thing that it's my last year in this school, then I can leave and go to college. And that means, away from my mother. Just a few more months, then I'm gone.

Sitting up in bed, I walked straight into the bathroom that was in my room. Getting undress, I put the water on boiling hot and stepped in, not even wincing at the pain it caused me. Finishing up quickly, I wrapped the towel around me and walked over to the sink, not even bothering to look at the mirror like usual. Going over to my closet, I picked out my clothes. Picking out a black v-neck, black jeans, and my black vans, I go to my desk and pulled out the hidden drawer from the wall, I took out my chains, dagger,scarf, and shades. Putting the daggers in the back of my pants, I covered them and wrapped my chains around my waist.

Grabbing my backpack, I finally walked out my room. And knowing my mother, I guard myself and prepare for some type of attack.

Hearing movements from my left, I swiftly leaned forward and rolled on the ground to dodge a swing of a blade from the ceiling above. "Mother, you must stop someday now." Knowing her, she will only activate more traps throughout the house to destroy me.

"Hehehe, son, we both know I will not stop anytime soon. Now die!" She snarled at me with anger.

Sigh. 'She will never quit.' Avoiding her traps, I was, again, able to grab my jacket from the kitchen and throw myself through the back door. "So you escape today like always, but remember for every wound, you get ten more minutes to the underground fights tonight, my dear son. Now off to school, more danger waits for you."

Feeling around my body, I realized she was right, I got some wounds. So that means 40 more minutes of fighting. Ignoring the blood, which was blending with my shirt, I threw on my jacket and I walked over to the outside garage and get onto my motorcycle. Putting on my shades, I ignited the engine and was off to school.

Not even paying attention to the speed limit, I spun the accelerator to go 60mph. Ignoring all the bystanders commenting on my speed, I arrived at school and parked in the farthest parking so I can leave first like always.

And like always, Tqed is there waiting for me.

Turning off my motorcycle, I turn towards him, but today instead of his usual snappy comment, he was quiet like me. And that's saying something.

Tilting my head to the side, I questioned him. "Tqed, what's wrong? You don't feel right around me like usually."

Hearing his heart skip a beat, I knew that something bad happened sometime this week.

He let out a forced chuckle at my comment. "Man, even blind you see things as they are on a deeper level." Sigh. "For this one time, can you just leave it alone. Knowing you, you might just go after the people that did this." Hearing him walk away from me, I jumped off my bike and dashed in front of him to stop him in his track.

"If you know me like you should. Then you would also know that I will not leave this alone like everyone thinks I should. Matter of fact, I will go around you to get the information that I need to chase down the people that caused this reaction, Tqed." Stepping closer to him I stared him down then he bowed his head, "Now spill before I go inside your head."

Tqed lifted his head and looked towards the forest like he hoped it will swallow him up to escape me. We both know that's not happening anytime soon. He took a deep breath in and looked straight into my unseeing eyes. "It's not serious, but Losi was attacked last night by some of the Kunret clan warriors for revenge of their fallen that you killed last week. For some reason, they found out that we have a connection to you and they attacked her after she left her job. I was there for once to pick her up when I heard some fighting and ran to find her surrounded by a squad of them. They ran off once they saw me, heading towards the forest. Forgetting about them, I took Los and went straight to the hospital. She only suffered a fractured rib, and a deep cut to the thigh, which I wrapped up to slow down the bleeding. She's doing okay but I put some guard on her, in case the warriors come back to finish what they started, she's protected."