~Chapter 2~

I stared at Britany for a while. "What, a new kid? Where did you last see him?" I asked her slowly, thinking that maybe this guy is the owner of the emerald eyes. Just as she was about to answer, the bell for class rang. I sighed heavily. "Just, never mind. See you later," I said slightly frustrated and started walking back inside to go to class.

"Hey! Thalia! Stop!" Persephone yelled at me. I guess I was walking faster than I thought.

I stopped and looked at her. "Yes?"

"Are you thinking that this new guy is the one from your dream?"

"Kinda, but I don't know. I'll have to see him to make sure."

"I'll help you look for him if you want me to."

"That would be nice, thanks."

"Mhmm, any time."

With that, we headed to Yearbook.

When we got to class, the rest of the students were milling in slowly and talking amongst themselves. Persephone and I sat in our seats, which were towards the back of the room. Then we got to talking about how gorgeous Austin Carlile is. Not soon after, the tardy bell rang. The last few students made their way into the room. Mr. Maxwell stood in the front of the room; we all looked at him, except for a few students in the back that were talking amongst each other. "Okay class, we are going to be getting a new student today. He should be here anytime. Just go along with your normal class activities." That got everyone buzzing. A new kid? I wonder if that's the guy Britany was talking about.

Because this is Yearbook class, some students have to take cameras and walk around the school to take pictures for the yearbook. The class is fairly small, so when those groups leave (there are two groups with three people in them), there are about five people left in the class. We just goof around because we have nothing else better to do. Persephone and I were looking at the bands that were going to play on Warped Tour this year, when we heard a knock at the door. Everybody stopped what they were doing and directed their attention to the door. Mr. Maxwell got up from his desk and walked over to the door. He opened it and nodded his head.

The first thing I saw was his long blond hair covering his eyes. Dang it! He was fairly tall, about Persephone's height. He was wearing dark, gray, skinny jeans, with black high-top Converse, and a red v-neck shirt. He stood at the door awkwardly for a minute then walked over to Mr. Maxwell's desk. "Um, is there anything I need to do?" he asked quietly. But, it wasn't that quiet, considering his voice was pretty deep.

"Um, no there isn't anything you need to do. We pretty much have everything done so far. I have a couple groups of students taking pictures for the yearbook, but that's about it. You can just hang out in here until you need to go to your next class."

"Okay," he said and turned his head so he could see the few students in the class.

Me, being a nice and friendly person, waved at the new kid with a big smile on my face. "You can sit over here if you want to."

"Thanks." He flashed a warm smile and headed over to us.

He sat down in the chair across from me and Persephone. "So what's your name?" Persephone asked him.

"My name is Austin Matthews," he said with a smile.

"My name is Thalia, and this is my best friend Persephone," I said smiling back.

"So, where are you from Austin?" Persephone asked him.

He moved his hand up to his face to move the hair from his eyes. Once he moved it out of his face, I was shocked to see big, beautiful, hazel eyes looking at me. So, this isn't the guy from my dream. Then who do they belong to? I looked up and saw Persephone staring at me. "Huh?" I asked.

"You spaced out and he asked you a question."

I blushed slightly. "Oh, sorry. What was it that you asked me?"

He chuckled quietly. "I asked you what grade you're in."

"Oh, um, I'm a sophomore."

"Ah, same here."

"Cool," I said with a smile, "That means we might have most of our classes together."

"That'd be cool, you seem pretty nice. You both seem pretty nice," he said with a smile. You could almost feel the warmth radiating off of it.

The bell dismissing us to go to second period rang, and all three of us got up and left the room. "Um, see you sometime again today, I guess," Austin said with a wave as we went to his locker.

"Okay, it's obvious he likes you. Like, seriously. I just sat there and watched you guys talk and oh my gosh. It was like watching a reality show, so mushy gushy. Ugh." She finished with a shiver.

I laughed at her, "Okay, I think you're being a bit over-dramatic."

"Whatever, that's what it felt like to me."

I wonder if he does like me. He is very pretty.

We went to our locker and got our stuff for our second class. We parted ways going to our different classes. I got to mine just before the tardy bell rang. Dang you stupid people who walk super slow down the hallway! Just as I sat down in my seat, the door squeaked open. Everyone looked up to see who it was. What do you know, it was Austin. I smiled and waved at him. He saw my hand and smiled too. He started walking back to where I was sitting and sat beside me. Everybody was watching him as he walked back here.

"Looks like we have first and second together," he said with a smile showing his pearly white teeth.

********************************

SharonReneSixx edited this chapter, there fore it shall be dedicated to her. Check her out!!